Newbie saying hi

oily67
oily67 Posts: 24
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi folks, new in here but not new to mountain bikes. Been plugging about on an ancient one for years, but decided to replace it with a new toy at the back end of last year.
I bought a Specialized Rockhopper as a reintroduction to some semi serious biking. It's been used about 50/50 commuting and trail riding so far. It's a massive step up from my old bike :D
I'm located in Central Scotland and so far the main trail riding has been at Carron Valley, but I'm looking forward to visiting Glentress in the near future.
I'll probably replace the bike later in the year again so I'll probably be looking for a few pointers nearer the time.

Russ.
2008 Rockhopper

2009 FSR XC Comp

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hi! Good choice of bike!
  • oily67
    Cheers ...... I just wish I'd went for the disc option :oops:

I certainly will do on the next bike :wink:
    2008 Rockhopper

2009 FSR XC Comp
  • Yeah, I lust after full discs, rather than just the one on the front. Not necessarily for the stopping power, but because my Vbrake gets so clogged up with mud!

Welcome along to the forum by the way!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Well it gives you the excuse you won't proably need to upgrade. Ride it this summer (Vs aren't that bad, a few years ago they were cutting edge), then if you've earnt it get your self a 2008 bargin when the shops are clearing out for the 2009 models.

Better to have spent less and realise you want more than to have paid out big for a shed ornament :lol:

Welcome, ask more questions and have fun riding.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • oily67
    My Son seem to think he'll inherit it once I've replaced it, so I think I'll wait and see what the discs feel like on my next bike first before I upgrade them for him.

Thanks all for the welcome.
    2008 Rockhopper

2009 FSR XC Comp