Raleigh Road Bikes

jammieeeee
jammieeeee Posts: 389
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Does any one know what kin of standard these are at now?

I know raleigh went through a bad spell but there new range looks good. Does anyone have any expirience of the £530 Airlite 400 of £750 Airlite Comp (it may not be the comp but the £750 model)

The reason i'm looking at Raleighs is due to a good discount i can get through a friend.

Comments

• ncs12
    ncs12 Posts: 24
    Hi. I have a 2006/7 Airlite 300 (Tiagra) and it has done me proud. I got it as it was at a great price and I was toying with the idea of riding to work and didn't want to spend too much in case I couldn't manage it. I find it really comfortable and have not had any problems with it at all. I don't think the Promax brakes are brilliant though so will be the first upgrade I make. I don't know if these are standard on the newer model.

Chris
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    I have romantic memories of Raleigh (my first ever road bike was a Raleigh hand-me-down from my dad with guards and rack!) and had been quite keen to get another - but going on their website a few times in the last year or two (although not within the last couple of months I admit) it seemed that there was hardly anything 'in stock' and I assumed they were winding the business down? I hope not! I'd like to think that there's still loyal fans of the marque out there and reasons for them to be so?
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    The new bikes look OK, maybe they're coming back, the range goes from kiddies upwards.

Victoria Pendleton uses one (Or used to?) they should use his.....
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    edited April 2008
    It just surprises me that the "home" market (if that's what we in the UK still are) get such a poor choice of bikes compared to the US, French or Germans. I have heard from folk that Raleigh are living off past glories and a brand loyalty of sorts. The Falcon group seem to have every bit of good a choice, more likely better and have brands such as Claud Butler in their portfolio. I would also look at Dawes before Raleigh.
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • It's a real shame they didn't capitalise on the sucess they had with Nicole Cook and use this more aggressively to stir up some interest in the brand.

I understand it's still quite big in America though.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    The US range is excellent. The one way and the touring bike they released this year are fantastic! Come with stock Brooks saddles.