So Four months into the year, what fitness level are you at?

Okay, my cycling year tends to start with a new years resolution that I can't be bothered with because it's too cold to go cycling anyway so I mark my fitness at a 1 out of one to ten, and ten being my state after summer gym fest and weekend/training/trail rides.

I was just wondering, if you take your PERSONAL 1-10 scale, with 1 being the weakest you are in the year and 10 being the fittest, where do you plonk yourself at this current spot in the year?

I think I'm a 3 (woe)
Train hard, ride easy

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    About 0.5. Seriously!+ Compared to what I was like 8 years ago.
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    4 (but I am 44) But I've just bought a roller trainer for intervals... got pissed off with getting covered in mud for 45 min sprint rides. However it is boring and hot... can't have everything!
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Tv on, windows open, cool beer on the table ;-)

I'm 30 this week, so hope I dont get any worse lol
  • OwenCB
    OwenCB Posts: 125
    Compared to what I was at Christmas I reckon I should be around 7, but in comparison to other people, my fitness is probably around a 4, but I'm working on it :D
  • endurojcb
    endurojcb Posts: 170
    4-5 for me. Do this for the next 4 months and you'll be near to a 10 http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/training/8.php
    2007 Merlin Malt 4
  • Langers
    Langers Posts: 95
    EnduroJCB wrote:
    4-5 for me. Do this for the next 4 months and you'll be near to a 10 http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/training/8.php

Really useful website. Thanks!
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    Up until I got Manflu just before Easter I was about a 5 - considering I stared at -10 last May I thought I was doing OK. Now with the manflu and not having been on the bike nearly 2 weeks I'm close to 0!!

Very frustrating - just as i was winding the lunchtime mileages up too. :cry:
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    Got an injured knee but very minor and still able to cycle fine - just no trail running.
    V02MAX is about 59.

On your scale about 8 I think.

Tend to cycle less and surf more in the warmer months so cycling and running fitness dip and paddling fitness goes up.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I reckon compared to my best last year I'm probably up to an 8 (from around a 3 / 4 at Christmas). Aiming to hit a 12 at peak this year, i.e. better than last years best.

Been at the exercise bike a lot and have actually ridden regularly since Christmas, not big all dayers but regular short runs. Lost over a stone and I am actually lighter than my best weight from last year. I think this year is the first time a New Years resolution has lasted more than 4 days :lol: . Aiming to lose another stone (to get down to a healthy weight) and not pile it all back on again in time for Christmas 2008.

Feeling a bit smug actually 8) wich probably means I'll crash this weekend, rupture something and be off the bike for weeks undoing it all.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Matteeboy
    Matteeboy Posts: 996
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Feeling a bit smug actually 8) wich probably means I'll crash this weekend, rupture something and be off the bike for weeks undoing it all.

:lol::lol:

Sounds familiar! :D
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I have done a lot of winter riding this year which means ploughing through muddy trails so I reckon im about a 6 at the moment. This time last year I was about a 2 as the bike had barely left the shed !
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    thought i was at about ummm a 7? but having just given myself an "easter knee" i'll be at a 1 for a few days, i can still pedal one legged heh
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Well, I'd have to say I'm about an 8. Discovered power training in early February and my FT has risen from 200 to 260 watts in 2 months. This improvement became clear when I did a 100m route (I've often done) for the first time this year at the weekend, and the hills that I have previously dreaded were almost non-existent - not even out of breath at the top and full recovery within seconds - a pretty amazing feeling!

I've also lost 1 stone through a combination of exercise and diet, got my BMI down to 20.9 and my body fat down to 10.5%. All in all, the plan is going well so far, but it has taken pretty high levels of willpower (and time), so I think I'll try and keep up this level of fitness through the winter months this year and not slip back into bad habits. Then next spring I can build even more power from this year's base.

That's the plan, anyway!

a serious case of small cogs
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    I'd say I'm at about 5 atm.... Could do much better yet.
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    I'd say I'm about a 7. I have managed to both commute and weekend ride all the way through this winter regardless of the weather and it's made the biggest difference in my fitness. I can even not feel guilty about missing a sunday ride on the odd occaision as I know the commute keeps the fitness up. This is the first year I have commuted all through the winter months (thanks lumicycle!)......

Compared to others i ride with though....I'm a 5(?)!
  • I'm still a measly 2! I used to bike as a commute and moved too far away from work at beginning of winter so fitness has plumetted. However my wife goes out for runs now so I cycle along side, but not really fitness.

Kind of need this weather to be a bit more inspiring, how crap an excuse is that>?!
    Train hard, ride easy
  • norco forever
    norco forever Posts: 1,177
    i'm probably around a 6/7 getting back into rugby as well as biking so thats having quite a large impact :lol:
    If you aint in A&E, you aint riding hard enough

http://identiti4lfe.pinkbike.com/album/Scott-Ransom
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    I reckon I'm about a 7 now, for some strange reason this scetchy training I've been doing is certainly making a big difference! Especially when it comes to hills! :twisted:
  • beccalily
    beccalily Posts: 310
    I'd say 6/7.
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....