Which frame mounted mini pump (Topeak or Blackburn)????

geeteewmb
geeteewmb Posts: 2,221
edited March 2008 in Workshop
Am looking for a frame mountable mini pump for my Spesh Allez. I believe they fit on the bottle cage mounts.

The 2 I was looking at were the Blackburn Air Stick and the Topeak Pocket Rocket. (Links below)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5115

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2904

I don't really want a full length frame mountable pump as I already have a track pump and this is just for emergency backups.

Can anyone give me their views?

I'm also interested to know how each of them secures to the frame and whether they are solid or shake about. Ta.

BTW, if I'm missing a real standout mini pump, feel free to throw it into the mix!

Comments

• COVEC
    COVEC Posts: 213
    All mini-pumps will be fairly useless and will not get to the advertised pressure(unless you have arms like Arny) so why not go for a bit of carbon bling HERE or the cheaper alu version HERE

They all attach via the bottle cages and are very secure, the topeak ones have a clippy thingy with a rubber fastening device.

COVEC
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    COVEC wrote:
    All mini-pumps will be fairly useless and will not get to the advertised pressure(unless you have arms like Arny) so why not go for a bit of carbon bling HERE or the cheaper alu version HERE

They all attach via the bottle cages and are very secure, the topeak ones have a clippy thingy with a rubber fastening device.

COVEC

They are still both mini pumps though, is it because they are "blingier" that you've suggested them?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • COVEC
    COVEC Posts: 213
    Indeed it is :D
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    The Airstick will get to 100 psi but it does take a bit of effort. The double action does make it quicker.
    The mounting clip fits between the cage and the frame and mounts the pump at the side. Works fine.