Sun Ditch Witch wheel weight ?

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Having buckled my Mavic XM117(freebie from Brother) rear wheel on my Fury yesterday,I was thinking of getting something a little stronger,I also have a Kona Stuff which has Sun Ditch Witch rims with Deore hubs,these are fairly strong wheels but does anyone have any idea how much they weigh as I dont want to double the weight of the Fury in one go !! Other than that Im going to have to put the standard Fury wheel back on for now which I'm pretty sure weights a tonne :roll:

Comments

• god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    I've got a Stuff with Ditch Witch rims too, I don't know their exact weight, but 'bloody heavy' springs to mind :)

also, I'm not sure they are that strong, they always seem to flex quite a bit, but that might just be my shoddy spoke-replacing skills...
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    What do you use the fury for? if you never leave the ground then 717 on xt hubs, if you do the odd drop and occasionally cycle into immobile objects then go for 719 on xt hubs, both of those with dt comps from merlin.

Much stronger and probably end up weighing less than what you currently have.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    My old Ditch Witch's on OEM shimano hubs weigh the same as 719's on Pro II's with the rotors, tyres and tubes.. But I can't fault the strength of the Ditch Witch's used them for 2 years without a problem!
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Schmako wrote:
    My old Ditch Witch's on OEM shimano hubs weigh the same as 719's on Pro II's with the rotors, tyres and tubes.. But I can't fault the strength of the Ditch Witch's used them for 2 years without a problem!

That surprises me !! Maybe I will just use the Back wheel from the Kona for now then and just put a 2.1 tyre on it. Im only doing trail centre XC so it should be fine and probably lighter than the standard Carrera rim anyway !