Bristol to Bath Cycle Path

attica
attica Posts: 2,362
edited March 2008 in Commuting chat
"Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"

Comments

• It's been a long time since I lived or worked in Bristol, but was horrified when I saw the proposal & am glad it's been knocked back.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Good news and even better repeated for those who missed it earlier today

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... =#14762765
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Thank feck for that, I used to use it when I lived in God's own city (not that poncey Georgian place, BTW :lol: )

I used to love seeing how far I could ride no-handed :oops:

And there's a great tunnel in the middle that is frankly scary - have they got lights in there now? It was really cold in the middle, nice on a hot day, though

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    SecretSam wrote:
    And there's a great tunnel in the middle that is frankly scary - have they got lights in there now? It was really cold in the middle, nice on a hot day, though

The lights are on 24/7, have been an addition in the last few years. Bit diffierent at night when you're trying to spot the unlit cyclist appraoching the tunnel as you're riding out.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    redvee wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

The lights are on 24/7, have been an addition in the last few years. Bit diffierent at night when you're trying to spot the unlit cyclist appraoching the tunnel as you're riding out.

Just as well they got some lights, I remember going through one time and seeing two lads in there inhaling the contents of a paper bag, and looking up at me with eyes that were...unfocused :shock:

It's just a hill. Get over it.