Waxing

campagsarge
campagsarge Posts: 434
edited March 2008 in Workshop
OK, its coming to that time of year when I start thinking about losing a bit of leg hair for the up coming spring/summer months.

What is your preferred method of leg hair removal?

I have tried imac cream (that really does stink), my girlfriends leg razor (that did not go down too well although I am still unsure how she found out), the trimmer blade on an electric face shaver (hurts like hell) and finally a men's bladed wet shaver (Gilette 5 bladed one is the best but a bit pricey).

I am considering taking the waxing plunge but not sure if the pain will be worth it.

Comments

• z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    blowtorch
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    soap, shaving foam, water and some razors. I find cheap ass BIC disposables work well.
    The best thing with shaving is take your time.. Like sloooow so you don't chop your shins, knees and ankles and you don't leave out bits
    cartoon.jpg
  • campagsarge
    Aye Zoom, but how far up your legs do you go with this method? :lol:

Yep, I think you have a point there in taking your time. I quickly get bored and result to hacking the hair off which normally ends up in a blood bath.
  • pipsqueak
    pipsqueak Posts: 72
    comb and a lighter
  • keithc440
    keithc440 Posts: 277
    Waxed for the previous 2 years. Problem is finding someone to do it. Place I use to go to recently closed down.
  • Ieuanllan
    Ieuanllan Posts: 152
    If you have a 'better half', ask them to do it. :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    My wife is always happy to oblige with the waxing - I think she's sees it as revenge for the inevitable spiking she gets when it grows back. I use a pair of hair trimmers to get the hairs down to about 5mm before applying the wax.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Yeah I dont know about hair, the older I get the more of it there is where I dont realy need it.
    As I MTB as much as I hit the road I dont like the full shaven look plus I dont know where to stop as I march up my legs, I'd hate to look lke an inverted poodle, so I use an electric beard trimmer set to 5mm, does the trick, nice and fast and acceptable to both camps.
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • aracer
    aracer Posts: 1,649
    Hmm - I gave up shaving when I became more of a mountain biker (and also because in my main sport I tend to end up running through undergrowth and the hair helps a little to stop it eating your legs). Was once a triathlete, so shaved all the way up, but quite happy not to now. Anyway there's a certain inverse snobbery in beating other people with shaved legs :D
  • I haven't really taken the step to totally shave my legs, I have just used a philips body groom shaver thing and just trimmed the hair down, but my mum thinks I do that cus i'm too scared to get waxed lol, so she is booking me in to get my legs waxed when she does. I'll comment on what it's like after I get it done lol.
  • campagsarge
    Can you get home waxing kits then? I figure that waxing pulls the whole follicle, roots and all so you don't have to shave every couple of days when the stubble appears?
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    Don't do home waxing!!!! You'll use 3 kits and do a shite job. They're not made for tough hairy buggers like you.

Spend the 15 or 20 squid and get some nubile young thing to wax you properly down the salon. Half way up the thigh is okay, train them properly and tell your riding mates to do likewise - you'll get the benefit of good technique and referrals. Seriously.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Don't forget to fake tan afterwards.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    go to the salon and get the whole lot done.....

legs, then b s c.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.