Wiggle do it again.....

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Excellent service yet again. I posted a return yesterday, a year after I bought it, today they refended the money and the postage! Inside of 24 hours.....!

I am also impressed by the Royal Mail as the 1st class delivery obviously arrived the next day!!!!!

Comments

• TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Never had a problem with Wiggle either. My favourite online shop of any kind, and I shop online all the time! As you say, Royal Mail are due credit here too. :)
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    great service, no probs

this sounds like eBay feedback!!
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    They're starting to get a bit pricier though - Parker International or Chain Reaction are cheaper. I buy as much as I can bear at the LBS and use Parker for the rest now.
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Also love wiggle, the only problem I have is when their out of stock (items discontinued!! !!I want my specialized pro mtb shoes ! :cry: ) their out of stock for the entire year till they restock with the following years goods, a regular store cant operate this way.
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Lysander
    Lysander Posts: 349
    Parker International are very good. Used them for about 5 years and never had any problems.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    robbarker wrote:
    They're starting to get a bit pricier though...
    I think Wiggle are great (platinum customer so I've used them quite a bit and I've found some of their turn-around times on some of my orders to be nothing short of astonishing) but I agree they seem to becoming more expensive.

I made a few products on their site IE "Favorites" late last year with the price included in the name. One was a set of Cosmic Elites for £234.40. They're now £290.07 with 10% off.
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    robbarker wrote:
    They're starting to get a bit pricier though...
    I think Wiggle are great (platinum customer so I've used them quite a bit and I've found some of their turn-around times on some of my orders to be nothing short of astonishing) but I agree they seem to becoming more expensive.

I made a few products on their site IE "Favorites" late last year with the price included in the name. One was a set of Cosmic Elites for £234.40. They're now £290.07 with 10% off.
    yup - my LBS was cheaper on a pair of ksyriums last week so I used them instead - wiggle were £50 more expensive than my LBS + numerous other online retailers.... they do seem to be getting pricier - they are charging £35 for Pro 3 Races vs £20 from ribble - £25 from LBS....
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Yes I have noticed there prices creeping up as well, I think specifically after Christmas, when they changed the pricing policy.

Previously I got 5% of every order, but now I only get my 5% off if the item is full pice :?
    Doesn't seem to reward repeat business to me.

Last year I bought loads of them, hence my 5% discount, and not as much from CRC/Parker/Ribble.

Best bargains I got from Wiggle were the Gill jerseys that they had knocked down last year, with my discount, ended up getting them for £6.99 each, and they are good quality kit, and the exertec short and long sleeve base layers, £4.49 & £7.29 each respectively.

CRC seem to be better overall for clothing, jackets etc.

Tail end of last year, through to now I am buying less and less from Wiggle, and more and more from the other 3, which is a bit of a shame, as I had £100 of wiggle vouchers for Christmas!

Managed to spend a fair chunk of it on a toolkit though, so not all bad.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Daniel B wrote:
    ...I am buying less and less from Wiggle...
    I'm much the same.

If I had a decent LBS I'd be loyal to it (fingers crossed I think I may have found one - albeit 30-35 miles away) but when buying online I'm pretty much solely price orientated.
    From what I've read Wiggle's returns policy is very good but I'll confess to being swayed by savings on the initial outlay. Recently I've done most of my business with Ribble. They've been sizeable orders and orders of £75+ I don't mind paying a few quid for delivery (I saved just shy of £14 quid on a pair of Campag Centaur bottles + cages and £8.48 per set on Fortezza Tricomps).

Fickle? In my book that's a sizeable saving.
  • doobie919
    doobie919 Posts: 119
    I still have yet to try them, but can't wait till i get some money up to actually try them out properly.
    2007 Fuji Newest 3.0.
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Cateye Velo 5 Computer

2009 Mongoose Subject BMX
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Sky blue tires
    New seatpost and seat ( made by pivotal)
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I've actually found myself buying more from them recently. They are the most hassle free company to deal with online, so I'm prepared to pay a bit extra for that. Only a certain amount though!