TFL cycling awareness video - did you spot it, be honest

Comments

• Not at all. Was pretty freaky to see it afterwards and realise I'd completely missed it. :shock:
  • sonicred007
    sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
    No spoiling viewers
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    this one works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

aaaahhhh freaky!!!!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I didn't see it & 3 other ppl I showed it to didn't see it either!

gb
  • sonicred007
    I guess this is what we're up against.... scary to be that invisible. Certainly my experience getting knocked off was that the driver said he didn't see me. Given I was the only vehicle on the huge roundabout on a quiet day supports the need to disseminate further... anyone a member of a car forum
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    It's a bit indirect, there is a specific task to do there which is entirley different from what it asks you at the end.

Where as on the roads cycles, pedestrians, horses, dogs, motorbikes etc etc etc are part of the task you are meant to be doing, not a totally unrelated one. The PIF is bollocks. In fact it might even be saying that other road users are a totally different task from Driving.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • sonicred007
    It's an awareness campaign - to raise awareness of other road users ie cyclists.

It's not saying that cyclists are different; we're just not as popular by a long chalk as motorists - so are easily overlooked, but no less important.

If you're looking for other motorists (white shirts passes) while driving, and that's the focus of your attention, you may not see, BECAUSE you're not looking for, the cyclist (the mysterious surprise you don't see first)

If it's a level playing field on the road where awareness of each other is equal then I'm the queen of sheba
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    It's an awareness campaign - to raise awareness of other road users ie cyclists.

It's not saying that cyclists are different; we're just not as popular by a long chalk as motorists - so are easily overlooked, but no less important.

Yeah I get that, but the thing you don't see is so much different from what you have been asked to do that it is a totally different task, where as any road user is part of the same task.

Had it been "Did you see the ball change colour" then it would have at least been connected to the task involved.

The PIF is more suitable to encourage road users to watch out for the Gold Robot Man getting a beating from a bunch of Neds. Than for other road users.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Steveen
    Steveen Posts: 32
    This is as old as the hills. Ask any accident investigator.

It will change nothing.