bmc streetfire ??? £1000 to spend

lilactime
lilactime Posts: 86
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
new to cycling , been riding dawes giro 300 , liked it now want something better for the summer . got a £ 1000 , was considering planet x pro carbon , but being a novice , bit worried about ordering a grand bike over the internet . local shop got bmc streetfire for a 1000 , looks superb and got some excellent components , and for this he will throw in pedals , shoes , computer . im tempted , its different , but is it any good ? its 19 lbs , what is planet x pro carbon ?

Comments

• wors
    wors Posts: 90
    got one in my lbs they do look very nice, if i was in the market for a new bike it would have o be a streetfire, ask to take it out for a spin. only way to find out if its for you.
  • claash
    claash Posts: 145
    Hello there!

I bought a BMC streetfire last summer. My first road bike and I really do LOVE riding it! :lol::lol: Even on the test ride it felt really comfortable!

Here in Switzerland they have a really good reputation, and as you say they are a bit different!!

HOWEVER

saw a picture of the Planet X yesterday and if I was in the market for a new bike it would be high on my list so I understand the quandry

Advice: Go and test the BMC........ If it feels right then go for it XOu won't regret I am sure!!
  • lilactime
    lilactime Posts: 86
    classh , thanks for your reply , really am in a quandry , but think its swying towards streetfire , its in my local shop , and will be set up dead on , plus they are throwing loads in . is yours the campagnolo veloce model ? one ive seen is , and just looks better quality than equivalent shimano . any problems with yours ?, before i part with a months wages .