Jaskula, Furlan, Meija, Jarman, Ugrumov, Pulnikov

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited March 2008 in Pro race
Great cyclists of natural talent or from a certain era?

Comments

• Titanium
    Titanium Posts: 2,056
    All have good CVs. I remember Jaskuwa from the 1980s, he was winning from a young age. But even his mom would have doubts about the podium place in the Tour de France and other results from his later career.
  • dave_1
    Titanium wrote:
    All have good CVs. I remember Jaskuwa from the 1980s, he was winning from a young age. But even his mom would have doubts about the podium place in the Tour de France and other results from his later career.

Did you ride the Milk Race with him? I liked his strategy of sitting 3 bike lengths off the bike to save energy on climbs...he reckoned it avoided him wasting energy on surges the rider must make if they glue up to the wheel in front...

I heard he works in a bike shop in Liverpool
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I heard he works in a bike shop in Liverpool

I'd heard that too. I think his wife is a vet or somesuch, possibly with the dept. of agriculture.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Titanium
    Titanium Posts: 2,056
    I'd heard he runs a decoration company in Poland. But maybe he has followed many countrymen and come to Britain? There were many good Polish riders at the time. Halcupzok, Piasecki and more.

Dave, you can add Piotr Ugrumov to your list, remember him?
  • dave_1
    Titanium wrote:
    I'd heard he runs a decoration company in Poland. But maybe he has followed many countrymen and come to Britain? There were many good Polish riders at the time. Halcupzok, Piasecki and more.

done :) Urgomov was good in Miik race too. But how good a pro? He won the Mountain TT at 94 TDF but with HC inf the 60% region according files I remember
  • dave_1
    Titanium wrote:

Halupzcok died...ticker went I think. Piaseki...god knows...led 1987 TDF. Very fast TT guy at Del Tongo. Keep naming names Titanium. Matt Eaton? :)
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Titanium wrote:

Halupzcok died...ticker went I think. Piaseki...god knows...led 1987 TDF. Very fast TT guy at Del Tongo. Keep naming names Titanium. Matt Eaton? :)

I believe Piasecki retired having been alleged to have been caught with a tranvestite in a public loo in Italy
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A better excuse to quit cycling than having Epstein-Barr?

[joke]