The swine and on my manor, too.

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
I happily cycle around the highways and byways of West Sussex on my Bianchi 928 C2C. Happy in the knowledge it's not a Spech, Trek of Giant, 3 dealers all within a 6 mile radius.

Only to find, as I walked past my veryLBS, they had a 1885 veloce in their window, the b*****d.

What am I going to do?

Comments

• heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Get the shotgun out of the cabinet of course!
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Oi, what's wrong wiv Spesh? :twisted:
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Relax; you ride a Bianchi. You're obviously a man of impeccable taste. Ride past the shop happy in the knowledge that where you lead others follow...*

:wink:

*Including me. I'd bloody love to upgrade to a 928!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Bianchi are the Raleigh (albeit more successful) of Italy.

It's just Italy are so good good at making bikes that even their Raleigh is one of the best brands in the world.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • cakewalk
    cakewalk Posts: 220
    Choose life - choose Trek ...
    "I thought of it while riding my bicycle."
  • heavymental
    Choose right - choose something else...
  • cakewalk
    OK. Why?
  • TheBoyBilly
    Choose right - choose something else...........

......lol, I like that :o Mind you there's not much wrong with my Trek F400 folder, apart from Dahon/SRAM made most of it
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • heavymental
    Only joking Cakey! Nothing against them really but the 'Choose life' thing seemed a bit funny given they're probably the biggest bike company in the world. Bit like 'Choose life - Choose Ford' doesn't really fit does it? Then again, if it works for you then no worries. I'm digging myself a hole here....I've nothing against Trek but I just wouldn't say Trek fitted with such a free spirited kind of phrase.
  • PostieJohn
    Chris is right, I wasn't opening a can of worms, I just liked my exclusivity (sp).

But thinking about it, I guess that would only work if everyone looked at passing bikes, the way I'm sure we all do.

Anyway I'm not happy, not on my manor you slaaaaaaaaaag.
  • TheBoyBilly
    Where's your LBS John?
  • cakewalk
    Many moons ago I was quite into photography (in the days of film). I brought a CONTAX rangefinder. Why? Well they were a (the?) classic camera make building cameras to last a lifetime - and came from Germany - the home of great lenses. I loved (in fact still love) that camera.

But! was it any better than a Cannon/Nikon etc? Certainly more f*c41n costly to get serviced! However when out and about using it I felt (still feel) that I was using something 'special',- 'better' that set me apart from the common herd. By owning that camera I felt that I connected with other great photographers.

By buying certain brands we aspire to be seen in a certain light by other people.

Footnote - Contax camera were killed off by the arrival of digital. Could not keep up with the big manufacturers. A year ago I brought a great digital camera out of which I generally get better pictures than the Contax. However the digital (sony) never gives me that warm feeling inside I get from the Contax....
  • PostieJohn
    Good point, cakewalk, I think :?
  • heavymental
    Well yeh thats it isn't it. There's a certain feeling you get about using something thats a bit different even if its crap! Nikon is never going to be that exciting, the wanky Lomo cameras probably have a more passionate following than Nikon or Canon. Better not start talking about Campag now..... :wink: