Time well spent..

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Would you like to hazard a guess at the amount of time you spend at work thinking about utter nonsense?

I'd say 67% for me.

Comments

• pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Yeah, about right for me.

Fortunately I spend the other 33% posting inane commetst on discussion boards so my days aren't entirely wasted.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    It fluctuates depending on my workload; on a busy day it can be as low as 30% and on a easy day as high as 80%. It helps being in a quiet office. When I worked in a massive open plan office an 80% nonsense factor was an average day (and 69% of that was nonsense of the 'which lady I'd most like to see naked' variety).

To be honest even if I'm working the whole thing can be classified as 'nonsense' so essentially it's 100%.
  • I'm not working currently (need to see about getting a job if I want that bike though...), but at uni I only spend about 10% of my time thinking about nonsense. It sounds like I'm pretty productive if I leave it at that, but, being an honest person, I must admit that the only reason I don't waste more hours thinking about irrelevant randomness is that I usually spend the other 90-ish% of my time sleeping through lectures. :oops:
  • Shadowduck
    Shadowduck Posts: 845
    As Chrisnoir, it's 100% for me. The only difference is whether it's the particular nonsense I'm paid to think about.
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.