CraigMac Posts: 84
I saw this:

http://www.cycleworld.co.uk/product/807 ... Seat_front

and I wondered if anyone had used one.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Comments

• Suerdusty
    Suerdusty Posts: 20
    Bought one in Holland and used it for my boys when they were small and now for my grandson. IMO safer than a rear seat as the child is cradled in your arms, if you go down they have some kind of protection. One warning though its worth removing when not in use as you can cause yourself some damage and maybe put your voice up an octave if you come off the front of your saddle!!!
  • dang65
    dang65 Posts: 1,006
    I know this is a very late answer, but I just wanted to say that I used one of these for all four of my boys, up until they were confident enough to ride out on their own bikes (i.e. about 5 yrs old).

I think they're wonderful, and the kids liked riding along on them too. You lean forward with your arms around them and heads close enough to chat as you ride. I'm far more comfortable with a top tube seat like this than with a baby seat behind me (once the child is old enough, obviously).
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    got one too - its the mutts nuts. I removed the back rest bit once the kids were abit older which avoids the high pithc voice issues
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Another vote for these: I used them with both my kids. Great, not only for chatting to them, but also for them to see what's going on rather than just staring at your back.
  • I used something similar for my eldest son. I agree with other comments, and I far prefer it to the rear seat I now use for my youngest. So why did I change? When my eldest got to fourish and his legs were longer, they slipped out of the legrests and into the front wheel. However, although I had 3 nights in hospital, he didn't have a mark on him!

Cheers, Dan
  • RichSbus
    RichSbus Posts: 2
    I use a front mounted seat for my son which is fantastic. I found it at www.tinyexperience.co.uk It's comes from a company in the US (iBert Inc). The best thing is it take about 10 second to fit it. We use it to commute to nurery and back. I'd recommend this to anyone with kids between 10 months and about 2.5 years old.

The seat is moulded so it will only really fit kids upto the age of three.

He sits in front of me smiling away at everyone.