Commuting in Milton Keynes

AdamFeneley
AdamFeneley Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in Commuting chat
After lurking around the forum for some time, I thought I would ask some questions!

Today was the first commute on my shiny new TriandRun 'Racing' bike. I managed the 19.7 miles from my home in Bedford to MK in 1hr 17 mins, which I was pleased with.

Having ridden in last summer on my mountain bike (1hr 45 mins) using the redways in MK(cycle paths), I decided this morning to use the roads. I found that the redways are badly signed and riding at a decent speed are also dangerous, with pedestrians and cyclists around every blind corner! Although it was quicker using the roads, with all the main roads being 60mph dual lane roads, it was quite scary.

Does anyone else commute in MK, and if so do they use the redways or roads?

Only cycled one way today (wife works in the same building, 3 days a week), but plan to do both ways on Friday. Any tips for the long distance commuter? When are Aldi getting their cycle clothing in?

Comments

• Many many years - 19 years ago in fact. ulp. - I went to 6th form in MK and cycled from my home in Stoney Stratford to school in Stantonbury on my old Claude Butler racer. I only used the redways once or twice for the reasons you describe. Went everywhere by road after the first week. Doesn't sound like much has changed in almost 2 decades!