feedback on Ridgeback bikes ! any good ?

hodgey68
hodgey68 Posts: 81
edited March 2008 in Commuting chat
i have narrowed my search for a commuter bike to the following ridgeback bike's

ridgeback rapide comet
ridgeback terrain MXK
ridgeback switch cyclone

can anyoune give me any feedback on any of the above mentioned cycles ?

thanks for all your help :D

Comments

• TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    All these Ridgebacks should be decent enough for your commute. A quick look at the specs show that they are pretty much of a muchness, e.g E-Z Fire shifters and Acera/Altus transmission with 8-speed cassette. Nothing much to worry about there. It will finally come down to what sort of terrain your commute goes over and which bike ultimately fits you. A test ride from a decent Ridgeback dealer will confirm things. Given the choice though, I would go for the Rapide because of it's 700c wheels but that's just me. I like Ridgebacks...I had one of the very first bikes in the shops, a 602 mtb. So I'd definately recommmend the marque.
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I hack into work (5 miles) on a ridgeback tempest hybrid - it's a nice aggressive ride.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Word of warning one my friends had two cyclones stolen, within three months ...yes he is a dumbass, they are quite desirable to thieves.

And another close friend of mine still has his ridgeback (tempest i think).... very reliable, and he commutes 10miles a day, I lost count how many £20 replacement wheel's he's had though... :lol:
  • neslon
    neslon Posts: 54
    My winter hack is a ridgeback adventure bought sometime in the late 80's (I think). Still going strong - I would get happily recommend them.
  • hodgey68
    hodgey68 Posts: 81
    just bit the bullet and order myself a Ridgeback Comet 2008 model, got for good price i think £259 less 10%.
    like to thank you all for all you help
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Congratulations, I think you've made a wise choice. Let us know how you get on with it.

Bill
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde