Brechfa

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited March 2008 in XC and Enduro
Well went to Brechfa this weekend.

Was worth the 160mile round trip from newport, good trail goood fun not as good as Cwm for riding in the wet.

But the annoying thing was the trail marking on hte early sections we managed to get lost for a while before we found the correct trail route, so be carefull on early stages here, but on the whole great trail especially if you like a few jumps (not me!! wheels on ground)

Comments

• gandhi
    gandhi Posts: 187
    I was there too. Quality riding (4 hours from Southampton and worth it).
  • Thewaylander
    yeh, im not a jumper personally and found that the trail was slowed a bit much for non jumpers, which was a shame, with cwm you can skip the jumps and have a lovely fast flowing section.

im too chicken to want to jump these days hehe
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    was there myself Mon , was wet and water logged in places , the shale stone back filling was slippery as hell in the wet muddy state , although by mid aft as it was drying improved.
    Few fallen treee's across the track which spoiled the flow , especially on the last downhill section .
    2nd lap was bit hard work though ! .
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    I'm looking forward to checking this out.

But I presume from what you guys are saying that it's better in the dry?
  • Thewaylander
    I think so, the last desents were very very muddy, and slippery, get a dry sunny day, and i think it would be a blast. i struggled to get some good speed in the wet.
  • oldstyle
    oldstyle Posts: 48
    have done route in dry several times and its really good , lot better than cwmcarn , the berms are a hoot in the dry .
  • Thewaylander
    I definately wouldn't say its as good as CWM or Afan as a trail rider, if your a jumper or more of a downhil/ freerider then i would recomend it.

But still class i really enjoyed it, gotta find out where we went wrong at the start lol,

I will be back there though when its a dryer day as i think it suffers from becoming a bit boggy in places in the wet