"Wired to Win" IMAX Movie - Where to Buy?

cyclingfury
cyclingfury Posts: 676
edited April 2008 in Pro race
Does anyone know where I can download or buy a DVD of the "Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour De France" IMAX movie? I've got an excerpt on a podcast from Itunes but it's only 8 minutes long. I'd really like to get hold of the full 40 minute version of this fantastic movie.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Not sure that it is out ? Dont they tend to keep these IMAX films in the theatres ?

Love to see it though.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Saw it at the Vancouver Science Museum whilst on hols over there - quite interesting although not a huge cycling content.

Focuses on the FDJ team at the 2003 Tour I think with quite a bit about one of their riders (Jimmy Casper?) who was in the same crash that Hamilton broke his collarbone in, when he was riding in a neck brace and they show you how his pain receptors were sending messages to his brain ("big time" as Sean Kelly would say).
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    I saw at Boston Scence museum 2006- what a fantsatic museum

I would have enjoyed so much more had I not been so sick it was coming out of both ends :oops: :cry:
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    Looks like I shall have to wait until it comes over here for showing at an IMAX theatre. I'm assuming it wasn't the film that made you so sick Noggin??? :lol:
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Bronzie wrote:
    Saw it at the Vancouver Science Museum whilst on hols over there - quite interesting although not a huge cycling content.

Focuses on the FDJ team at the 2003 Tour I think with quite a bit about one of their riders (Jimmy Casper?) who was in the same crash that Hamilton broke his collarbone in, when he was riding in a neck brace and they show you how his pain receptors were sending messages to his brain ("big time" as Sean Kelly would say).

I think it was Sandy Casar in the neck brace but unlike Duffield I don't 'ave me books to 'and to check! :?
    Faith is believing in something when commonsense tells you not to
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I think it was Sandy Casar in the neck brace but unlike Duffield I don't 'ave me books to 'and to check! :?
    Nope.........I was right, it was Casper (my memory is better than I thought! :P )
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id= ... ge2/JD/JD6
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    Looks like I shall have to wait until it comes over here for showing at an IMAX theatre. I'm assuming it wasn't the film that made you so sick Noggin??? :lol:

well I was feeling dodgy anyway (it was soooooooooooo humid and sticky in Boston) and sitting so close to the screen and head going left to right and back (a la Wimbledon) certainly did not help :cry:
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>