Bontrager Race Disc Tubel Wheels & Schwalbe Nobby Nic US

Sheyboy5
Sheyboy5 Posts: 4
edited March 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a pair of Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution Tubeless UST 2.25 on my Trek 8500. Also what would be best Racing Ralphs or Nobby Nics.

I have Bontrager Race Disc wheels and wanted to know if the UST would fit my wheels without the use of a conversion kit(?) or are they already compatible and I just put the tyres on without tubes as the original wheels had tubes & tyres fitted! As I have some tubes with slim that I’m presently running.

Comments

• cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    What rims have you got? If they are UST they probably say UST on them. For current wet conditions RRs are not great. In fact I have just taken mine off and replaced with Trailrakers again. NN might be Ok depending on your trails.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Sheyboy5
    Sheyboy5 Posts: 4
    Found this on the Bontrager site,

Race Lite Tubeless Ready Disc

Keith Bontrager was the true pioneer of lightweight mountain bike race wheels. His track record of innovation and commitment to durability continue with the Race Lite Disc. Swiss-made hubset, asymmetric rim design, and butted, stainless steel spokes function harmoniously to create a wheel system that's much more than the sum of its parts. Tubeless ready. Standard 6-bolt rotor attachment.

Product Details
    Tubeless Ready works with all recognized tubeless or standard tires
    Swiss-made hubset features supreme durability and easy servicing
    250799 has a Maverick compatible hub (24mm thru axle)
    6-bolt rotor attachment
    Optimize with Bontrager Super Juice and Tubeless Ready tires
    Includes Bontrager tubeless rim strips and valve cores
    Alloy locking nipples for durability; Presta valve
  • Sheyboy5 wrote:
    Found this on the Bontrager site,

Race Lite Tubeless Ready Disc

Optimize with Bontrager Super Juice and Tubeless Ready tires
    Includes Bontrager tubeless rim strips and valve cores
    Alloy locking nipples for durability; Presta valve

as above you need to use the tubeless rim strip and valve then mount your new (when you decide) UST tyre, that will be enough to get you going, however you may choose to add sealant to help with puncture proofing. (most users do) you do not need anyhting else however as you wheels should have come with all the bits. good luck.

Tubeless is the way to go.