wheel question - campag vento's

gematkinson
gematkinson Posts: 79
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
Hi guys, newbie looking for advice! iv got stock ambrosio wheels on my bianchi at the mo and im looking to buy the campag vento's as they are within my budget and i really like the look of them.
They come with the skewers but presumabley i will have to tape them myself, is this hard? also will i have to buy a new casette to fit on them or will i be able to remove my old cassette from my ambrosio wheels easily?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Applying rim tape (I presume) is a doddle. Just get the valve hole in the right place.

To remove the cassette you will need a chain whip (not as much fun as it sounds :roll: ), a cassette lockring tool to suit your cassette (Campag presumably) and a spanner. Take a look at Parktools for more advice:
    http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=48
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    as above - rim taping is far easier than it sounds - the tape comes in one pre-made loop - you just pry it over the rim making sure that the vale hole is in the right place - job done!

Do the vento's even need rim tape? - my Eurus were solid rimmed and didn't need any - not sure if the vento are the same or not - they are a very smart looking wheel though!
  • bilsea159
    bilsea159 Posts: 256
    Hi
    I bought some ventos from ribble which come with rim tape already fitted. I also purchased a new cassette with them requesting the mail order department to fit it to the wheels.
  • thaanks guys trés helpful. Think im going to order them with a new casette and kindly ask them to pop it on for me. really excited! iv found so much pleasure in upgrading parts little by little.... roll on new wheel time! :-)