edited March 2008 in Road beginners
i am buying a new bike from planet x
i am new to the idea of click on shoes etc
what do you rec for run of mill middle of the road pedals and shoes
thanks

Comments

• LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    I use Shimano SPD SL pedals, if you shop around you can find them for less than £20. Same with shoes shop around for bargains; my first pair of clipless shoes came from LBS and cost £65 the second pair were an internet special offer for £20. The cheaper ones are bottom of the range Lake shoes but to be honest they are fine, the main difference is the soles are not as rigid as the more expensive ones. Note sizes are a bit odd with some shoes, my feet are size eight but both pairs of cycling shoes are nines!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    i use Shimano SPD-SL's too - have done for a while, just recently upgraded to the newer shape versions

I have Specialized shoes which are quite wide fitting (for my wide feet) and have the entry level "sport road" shoes - which are excellent really. Specialized shoes seem to come fairly well recomended on this and other forums.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I use Look Keo Classic's with Spesh Pro Road shoes - both highly recommended.
  • andy81
    andy81 Posts: 118
    I recently got a pair of Shimano SPD SLs as well. Have a look on ebay - you can get them pretty cheap there.

I've also just received a pair of DHB R1 shoes - they're not top of the range or anything, but for £33 a pair, they're pretty good for the money.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Nuggs wrote:
    I use Look Keo Classic's with Spesh Pro Road shoes - both highly recommended.

I use the same set up with no complaints.