So I did it then!

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks to all those who have given me advice on my new steed - much appreciated.

After all the to'ing and fro'ing, I went for a Focus Culebro. It was a toss up between that and the Focus Cayo (the only reason I did not go with a cayo was that I commute in all weathers and move between offices - hance may lock damage a carbon frame!). I also sometime have to put my bike in or on the car and did not want the hassle of carbon and bike rack clamps!

I will be making a few mods - carbon seatpost, lighter wheels (probably off my current bike!) and carbon bars - just to take the "jiggle" off the road

See you at the summer races!

Hope you guys approve!

G

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Sounds good 8)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    How do you find the shifting with SRAM Rival?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • i like the look of this bike and its weight is impressive.

Its lighter than the Cayo to start with.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    How are you finding the bike? I'm seriously considering the Culebro but I can't find any reviews that aren't german!
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • richardjallen
    richardjallen Posts: 691
    gtvlusso wrote:

I will be making a few mods - carbon seatpost, lighter wheels (probably off my current bike!) and carbon bars - just to take the "jiggle" off the road

G

Before getting carbon bars try Bontrager Buzzkills. Bar end caps that have little weights suspended in rubber that jiggle out of phase with the bumps and cancel vibrations. I think the principle is the same as used in earthquake safe skyscrapers i.e. it works.