pikey wants to get it

beastinla
beastinla Posts: 304
edited July 2008 in The Crudcatcher
so some of the local chaves in my vilage told me that this pikey bloke who has been band form the village for 3 years and has olny just been aloud back in wants to try and get my bike.

he has been flowing us around when were riding and every time he sees me he turns around.

i can trust the info the chavs have giving me because i went to school with them and are really good friends with them.

what do you think i should do!

should i telll the police or somthing like that..

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    not a lot you can do really, just don't leave your bike anywhere, you can probably ride faster than him.

Also the police really don't care.

You could always get a big ol d-lock for self defence, i mean locking your bike up.
  • beastinla
    yea thansk dude im ringing up for cycle insurance tomorow so could be ok
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    get a big stick and hit the bastard then get your bike datatagged not necessarily in that order :lol:
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • weld a big lump of metal to you chain and if trys out rap it around his head, then if the police get involved say that you tried to ride away when he was chasing you and the chain snapped! they probly wont notice the metal welded on as they dont know what a bike looks like (or at least when bikes get niked they dont understand the description and proceed to NOT find it)
    stephen hall
  • stick
    stick Posts: 2,910
    nah, just carry a claw hammer, say you use it as a tyre leaver. If you run intense tires, its a genuine excuse I suppose.
  • beastinla
    ya thanks guys but i think im guna stick with riding away from him or .....
  • fizik
    fizik Posts: 247
    Link your bike up to the mains somehow and let him try to steal it.. he wont be trying again
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Get a very cheap bike for riding around town on?
  • jmeadows
    jmeadows Posts: 335
    av heard of this new spray you can get to coat your valuables, it only shows up under fluro light, coat ya bike in dat and at least if it does go and hes got the gear on his hands you know hes guilty! then beat him up..
    never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side of life...
  • RockGiant
    RockGiant Posts: 75
    Knife. Face. Sorted.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Get a Gold Sold Secure lock.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:

On the other hand get one that's been properly tested some of the gold sold secure products are next to useless
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Or get insurance and the cheapest lock on their approved locks list. Locks don't really work anyway...
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    BlackSpur wrote:

I brought a Master D-lock recently with the Gold Sold Secure Logo for £30 and they're offering up to £1200 in compensation if your bike gets nicked via a fault of the lock or if someone gets through it.
    It's rated as 'ultimate' on the protection level too.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    No locks can stop everything, but the Gold Sold Secure ones have substantial insurace on them don't they? I wouldn't be too fussed it my bike was nicked if I could just go out and buy a new one.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    beastinla wrote:
    so some of the local chaves in my vilage told me that this pikey bloke who has been band form the village for 3 years and has olny just been aloud back in wants to try and get my bike.

OK.... how has he been banned (note spelling!) from the village and allowed (note spelling! I suppose bands can be loud) back in? Court order? :lol:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Dodgex1
    Dodgex1 Posts: 1,306
    Get an epic lock as suggested but also carry it round, Ive got a motorbike one for mine. Swing it round hard enough in 'self defense' and Im pretty sure most people wouldnt be getting back up any time soon. Ive alos personally got insurance and a data tagged bike.
    "This is ******!, We can't ride out bikes in the dirt like this!"
  • buy a motobike lock.... then hit him with it! fasten him to a fence with it and attach electordes to his scrotum
    job done
    stephen hall
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    Dude i personally would floor him.

but if your not a violent type (As most people are telling you to be aggressive & not all people are).

Buy a cheap bike from a charity shop & ride that on your daily knock abouts. after a while of not seeing it about he will concentrate on knicking summat else or go back to his tarmacing business or something.
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    jmeadows wrote:
    av heard of this new spray you can get to coat your valuables, it only shows up under fluro light, coat ya bike in dat and at least if it does go and hes got the gear on his hands you know hes guilty! then beat him up..

Magic Water
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    It is all very well hitting a pikie over the head with a lump of metal or stabbing their idiotic faces but they usually have large angry pikie families with bad attitudes. I have suffered bike losses to these vermin and have been attacked whilst recovering my property.
    I suppose;; report your fears to the cops, get some insurance and a good lock. Then leave town..... :(
    Club rides are for sheep
  • NEILHEAD
    torch his mums caravan then make him throw a fight :wink: lol

• Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    If he steals your bike.. steal his lurcher and tourch his caravan!
  • RockGiant
    Firebomb. His house. Sorted.
  • Carry a can of mace. That'll put him off.

That or a rifle.
    Eat, ride, sleep. Repeat
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    Rig up some sort of nail gun device in the seat post and leave the bike where he will feel he has an easy chance of pinching it... hopefully he will get half a dozen nails up his a**e before he jumps off :twisted:
    Club rides are for sheep
  • NEILHEAD
    I will say it again BRING BACK HANGING but only for paedophiles and bike thieves :twisted:

• RockGiant
    NEILHEAD wrote:
    I will say it again BRING BACK HANGING but only for paedophiles and bike thieves :twisted:

I now don't like you.[/b]
  • John
    John Posts: 2,499
    beastinla wrote:

he has been flowing us around when were riding and every time he sees me he turns around.

i can trust the info the chavs have giving me because i went to school with them and are really good friends with them.

what do you think i should do!

should i telll the police or somthing like that..

'If you have a problem, if noone else can help.

And if you can find them, maybe you...can hire the A Team'.
  • Gingersaurus
    Gingersaurus Posts: 466
    *Sings*