Izalco team 08

ellesse
ellesse Posts: 103
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to buy the above bike from wiggle http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032362&N=Focus%20Izalco%20Team%202008
I've only been riding since summer last year, and have really got into the sport, i started with MTBing and enjoy that just as much. (to the point)

This would be an upgrade from a claud butler roubiax (sp), and as the cayo has got so much good press i thought the Izalco would be a good bike for the money.
i'll use this bike for long (ish) rides and as a bike to compete with when doing triathlons,

Any views on this bike would be greatly received, and if anyone knows what type of carbon this is (12k for cayo) and if SRAM red is a worthy groupset.

Comments

• brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I got last year's model and can't fault it apart from the saddle, which is a little uncomfortable on long rides. Rode it to work this morning again and love it.

Mine weighs in at 7.2kg (and that's me weighing it) but the 08 version is even lighter apparently.

Get it for the 7-day test ride if you are unsure but I reckon you'll end up keeping it.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    PS. the pictures of bikes on the Wiggle site are crap. Mine looked so much better when I got it.

In fact they'd probably sell more if they posted some decent images. Just my opinon of course.
  • ellesse
    ellesse Posts: 103
    Excellent, thanks brit, i know what you mean about the picture, I swor a bike with the racing 1's on yesterday in a shop and they look so nice.
    I think your saddle and the one on this one are different, but if uncomfotable, its only a small change.
    oh yea, does "Schwalbe Ultremo 23-622 tyres" mean that the wheel is not as big as a standard road wheel (700c)? (i know its the tyre size, but i wouldn't of thought that you could get a 622 on a 700 ?)
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    700C is a historical measurement that referred to the outside diameter of a largish tyre fitting a 622mm rim. 622mm is the actual diameter of a standard road rim. (In other words, yes, 23-622 are standard road tyres fitting on 700C rims.)

http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html