Have I made a mistake ?

allen
allen Posts: 214
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
The tube that I took out of my front tyre says 700 x 18/25c on it and I have replaced it with a 700 x 20/28c one. The tyre is 700 x 23. Seems OK but.............[/code]

Comments

• antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    Well when I was at school 23 came after 20 but before 28 so as long as the Brussels mob haven't changed things your fine.
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    No sarcasm, it will be fine.
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • allen
    allen Posts: 214
    Many thanks. Kind of thought it would be but when your new ....you just have to ask :oops:
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    there are a lot of inner tubes that are supposed to be ok to use with 20-23-25 and 28c rim widths but if they are the thick wall large type they are a helluva squeeze to get into a 23c tyre on a 23c rim :shock:
    You can get thin walled innertubes (0.45 or 0.65) which are ultralite and easier to fit but not as resistant to punctures. I wouldn't want to use one of those in a 28c tyre .
    Your question was sensible enough ... sorry one of the answers wasn't :roll:
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    antooony wrote:
    Well when I was at school 23 came after 20 but before 28 so as long as the Brussels mob haven't changed things your fine.
    WTF? Bad Day?
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    jeez it was a tongue in cheek post, not meant to be taken seriously and no offence was aimed at the OP at all so if I have caused offence I apologise.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    antooony wrote:
    jeez it was a tongue in cheek post, not meant to be taken seriously and no offence was aimed at the OP at all so if I have caused offence I apologise.
    Fair play - I guess sarcasm (like irony) isn't easy to communicate on message boards.

I always assume my audience are in the US - irony and sarcasm are lost there too* :wink:

*This is a joke. I have no desire to piss off 303,656,443 of the world's population...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    antooony wrote:

antooony what you said was a fair statement, I had to resist hard not to post something like that myself.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • doobie919
    doobie919 Posts: 119
    Nuggs wrote:
    antooony wrote:
    Fair play - I guess sarcasm (like irony) isn't easy to communicate on message boards.

I always assume my audience are in the US - irony and sarcasm are lost there too* :wink:

*This is a joke. I have no desire to wee-wee off 303,656,443 of the world's population...

Haha I caught both, the first one brought a nice little laugh which drew many a looks from the patrons in this internet cafe i'm in.
    2007 Fuji Newest 3.0.
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Cateye Velo 5 Computer

2009 Mongoose Subject BMX
    !!Upgrades!!!!!
    Sky blue tires
    New seatpost and seat ( made by pivotal)