greenmac
greenmac Posts: 5
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
:lol: Hello every one,just became a member.I have recently taken up cycling after years of running,and iam keen to meet other cyclists for long sunday morning runs from the livingston-mid and westcalder area.look forward to any replies :D greenmac :P

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    50 views and no welcomes :shock:
    Sorry wrong area but welcome anyway, people are usually very friendly and helpful ...
    honest :lol:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Hello and welcome

Again i'm in wrong area but enjoy
  • Roger_This
    Roger_This Posts: 136
    Hi Greenmac. I just took up cycling (or I will if the weather improves a wee bit) after years of er, no exercise...

Don't know if you can get to Edinburgh, but you might find this useful:

http://www.cycling-edinburgh.org.uk/

Cheers.
  • welcome to our humble abode fellow scotsman. i live in dumfries but a bit too far away. my aunts live in livi tho might pop up and join you one day and you can show me some routes.

good luck
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    Hi Greenmac and welcome.

There is a "West Lothian Roadies" thread on the sportives and road rides section. I think they meet up at weekends in the Bathgate Hills, which is in your neck of the woods - or not too far away.

Also, there's a decent bike shop in West Calder - might be worth asking them about the local road bike scene?
  • wastelander
    wastelander Posts: 557
    Hi Greenmac and welcome to the lunatic asylum! Save time now and arrange for your salary to be paid straight into your LBS a/c!!! You've been warned :wink: