Beginners trails in the Derby area...

bensaunders
bensaunders Posts: 8
edited March 2008 in MTB rides
Hi,

As with a lot of people on here I've recently bought my first new bike for quite a while and am enjoying it no end! However, my fitness isn't what it used (or should!) be, so I have been cycling the couple of miles to work, and doing evening rides along the cycle network paths around Derby.

This has definitely helped my fitness, and the ride to work in the morning is definitely easier now than it was when I started, but I'm still not ready for an all-day marathon ride.

What I wanted to know was if anyone knew of any rides in the Derby area that will let me learn some of the more technical riding skills and techniques and give me something a bit more interesting than the cycle paths but without any killer climbs, at least until I get back into my prime!

Thanks a lot,

Comments

• god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    Cannock Chase is the only trail centre nearby, but I havn't been this year so can't comment on what condition the trails are in... There are endless trails in the Peak district, the best of which can be found through google. 'The Ashover Loop' isn't too far North in the Peaks and has a few good descents, without being overly long.

I come from Burton, down the a38 a bit... there are some ledges next to the Assembly Rooms in Derby that i've always wanted to ride :)