La Ventoux

craigenty
craigenty Posts: 960
I finally got a reply from Sportcommunication regarding this years route.

It has indeed reverted back to the pre 2007 route with the Bedoin ascent and a second ascent from Sault but just to Chalet Reynard.

I have checked the website and the route profile has at last been updated from last years profile.

Looks like they have brought the medal times into line with the Etape too! In 2005 I did 6h19m and got gold by about an hour. This year 6h19m will be silver. Better get training!!!

Craig

Comments

• Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    craigenty wrote:
    I Looks like they have brought the medal times into line with the Etape too!

Craig

Is there a standard for the Etape times?-I've never been able find it, much less to work it out,
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • craigenty
    Hi Ken,

I'm not sure whether there is some sort of Etape formula based on distance and climbing etc but I always found the Etape medal times to be a little on the hard side and the Grand Trophee times to be quite a way to the easy side.
    I think a Gold in the Etape earns you many more bragging rights than a gold in Grand Trophee events :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Awlright Craigyboy?

Whats the chances of you cycling up to Mont serein tomorrow from Maulecene? I'd hedge bets :wink:

Hope you do and witness the Paris-Nice...and if you do let us know where your standing as i'm taping it...

Cheers,

Rich
  • Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    craigenty wrote:
    Hi Ken,

I'm not sure whether there is some sort of Etape formula based on distance and climbing etc but I always found the Etape medal times to be a little on the hard side and the Grand Trophee times to be quite a way to the easy side.
    I think a Gold in the Etape earns you many more bragging rights than a gold in Grand Trophee events :wink:

I think you're right

I punctured on Alpe D'Huez in the 06 Etape and missed gold by 14 mins or so, finishing 900th. In La Marmotte, I finished 1100th, and made gold by 30 mins

Hoping to put things right in this year's Etape
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • craigenty
    RICHYBOYcp wrote:
    Awlright Craigyboy?

Whats the chances of you cycling up to Mont serein tomorrow from Maulecene? I'd hedge bets :wink:

Hope you do and witness the Paris-Nice...and if you do let us know where your standing as i'm taping it...

Cheers,

Rich

Hi mate,

Some pics here

http://picasaweb.google.com/Bikerboy1912/ParisNice2008 (although we went up in the van :lol: )