Carrera Kraken forks

jaxurbody
jaxurbody Posts: 19
edited March 2008 in MTB beginners
hi, i dont know how to change the length of my fork. it's a suntour xcr off of a carrera kraken.

help!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You cant! It is not travel adjustable.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    please read the rules. Topic heading should be descriptive.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jaxurbody
    sorry about the heading, and thanks supersonic.

the only other question is: why is there a knob on the left fork tube thing? i can't see what it does.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Did you not get an instruction manual? one of the knobs is to set preload - this alters sag. I guess this is what you might mean by length of the fork, but it is distinct from changing the travel. You want the fork to sag 25% of its travel when you are in your normal riding position. Adding spring preload decreases sag.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    edited March 2008
    adds preload. ie how much force is needed to start the fork compressing. It is used to set SAG. (it also does not really do anything on those forks)

Oh and welcome :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jaxurbody
    thanks for that. to supersonic-i don't think i got a manual. because it was for christmas, my dad will have it. but he isn't sure if he's got it because halfords put it together.
  • jaxurbody
    I'm going to close this now because i now know what to do. thanks to supersonic and nicklouse

actually i don't know how to. I'm a newbie!