Giant/Focus

Craigbes
Craigbes Posts: 74
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
Looking at a couple of bikes on wiggle. The focus cayo always comes out on top in reports but I see they have a Giant SCR3 composite for the same money. This bike buying business is a bloody minefield. All help welcome :(

Comments

• brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I don't know either bikes although I do have the Izalco Focus and it's a great bike.

My advice to you is to take plenty of time and don't rush in. I took several months to decide on my bike and in that time I changed my mind several times. The more you look, the better your product knowledge will become, and the higher the chance you'll get a bike that suits you. You might also bag a bargin to boot.
  • Both mass produced thus cheap but equally good I'd guess. All comes down to the equipment fitted on it, and whether you like the look of it nor not.....I've got a a Cayo as at the time there was nothing to touch it for VFM. 2 years later and its not let me down, been a fantastic bike to ride.
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Depends on what type of riding you tjink you are going to do - the SCR is a relativly relaxed riding position, the Cayo is quite an agresive race position
  • sicrow wrote:
    Depends on what type of riding you tjink you are going to do - the SCR is a relativly relaxed riding position, the Cayo is quite an agresive race position

Agree with above. I have Cayo 07 and find it fantastic. Quite racey position but I find it very comfortable. Never ridden the Giant. You can get a 7 day test ride from Wiggle for the Focus and get a test ride from LBS for Giant. See which you prefer.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Also got the Cayo and as others have said fantastic VFM and great fun to ride. I think the 2008 version has Dura Ace rather than Ultegra which is on my 2007 Expert