Scottish Borders Cyclosportive

arranandy
arranandy Posts: 688
I'm thinking of doing this event - its on the 24th August - but their website is a bit vague as regards route details. Therefore does anyone have any further details? I know its starts and finishes in Hawick
Flying Scot? You must be joking!

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Got this from another Forum.

Hawick cc is running a sportive on Aug 19th to comemorate Ken Laidlaws Combatif award for his attack during the 61 tour. Ken was the first Scot to finish the Tour De France and was made a life member of the club two years ago during a visit to Hawick from his new home in the US. Its the first running and wont be that well subscribed. The club intend to get a web site etc set up for next year and is running this year as a trial to suss out any probs etc. Entry is £12 on the day. Call Ian Anderson on 01450 379325 for details. Ride will be 135km and well over 2000m climbing round some tough border climbs and some amazing scenery (including a buddist temple!). If you aint doing anything and fancy a ride you'll never forget, give it a try
    Brian B.
  • Sounds good no matter what the exact route is.
    Any chance of the website (for all it is anyway, though i would be able to monitor it)
    Watch out for the Peebles sportive that had its first outing last year. Fantastic route(s) out towards Moffat
    August as well i think. It was on the same day as the Cumbeland challenge last year and i has already signed up for it, guess which one i will be doing this year?

Peter