DHB R1 Shoes

andy81
andy81 Posts: 118
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
I know that it's generally best to try shoes on before buying, but seriously tempted by the DHB R1shoes on Wiggle for less than £35. If they don't fit, I can easily just send them back.

Does anyone have a pair of these? How do they compare to other shoes on the market, and what is the quality like? I contacted Wiggle earlier this week to explain I'm a size 10, and whether I should be looking for a 44 or 45 size, unfortunately though their reply was pretty non-committal!

Comments

• brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I got a pair last week to supplement my old Sidi Genius 5 shoes.

I've not worn them on the bike yet but tried them on and they feel very good. They are wider than my Sidi's, which is a good thing (Sidi's are reknowned for being too narrow) and I can not feel any percievable difference in weight either? To be honest I think I prefer the velcro fastnings to the rachet-type of my Sidi's as it's quicker to get them on and off.

I got them in red, white and black and I think they look MUCH better than many £100 plus shoes I've seen, although admittedley this is subjective.

I think they are a steal for just £35. Get some.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    I've got a pair of the black ones (ordered yesterday lunchtime and here this morning!) and they feel pretty much the same size as my specialized shoes if that helps...

They look a bit cheaper than the specialized ones but then they are £40ish cheaper so what can you expect?! :D