BMX tracks/skills

Dizzy the Egg
Dizzy the Egg Posts: 153
edited March 2008 in XC and Enduro
Due to new baby on the way my trips to any MTB circuits will be reduced for the next 16 years!

I do however cycle to work and noticed a BMX track near my work which I could probably use pretty much every day for 15 minutes or so before she notices I'm late every day. Can MTB skills be learned on a BMX track or are the pair just not compatable?

Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not XC skills but 4X and other race/jump skills.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • motdoc
    motdoc Posts: 97
    Skills is skills. It'll surely help, I come from road riding and have difficlty hopping up kerbs :oops: :oops:
    My mates who BMX all out skill me by miles, but often burn out after an hour and a half mwhahahaha.

It's all good!
    Arrrrr I be in Devon.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I say go and have a play! Most Trail Centres have a Freeride section these days so you can impress your mates over the doubles and tabletops.Just make sure your XC bike can take the abuse.
  • I can sympathise with your situation Dizzy, after my second child coming along recently I've got even less time to get away riding than when I had one.

I have to make the most of riding at strange times (when the kids are in bed or at school/nursery) when there's no one else to ride with and make do with street rides and the local park, but it all keeps the fitness and skills going enough to enjoy the odd trips I do get to somewhere more interesting!
  • Forgot to say too, BMX tracks are a good way to keep up your skills with the amounts of jumps and berms you get at trail centres these days, you can't go wrong if you've got the time to use them.
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    my dad never stopped riding when i was born and he just took me along as well when my mum was out