Before posting a question in Tech, READ THIS: rules and FAQ.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited March 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Before asking a question make sure you have read the manual. If you don't have the manual visit the suppliers webby, see the tech links sticky for most.
Ok if it is an odd question that is not covered in the manual or on Park Tools ask away but give as much info as you can.
Please give All the info about the problem as you can. If you don't know the make model or year get a picture.For example:
I bought some second hand Z1 Freerides off ebay. They seemd perfect and looked great - But when i sat on the bike the travel just dropped and fell more as i was riding and resulted in them being as low as they could possibly be!?? Only going back to there normal 130mm self after lifting up the front wheal. Im not sure how to resulve this. Is it to do with the oil, or the screws on the bottem? or possibley the air pressure? Also is it a Bike Shop jobby or a home job with limeted tools!
is OK except that there is not just one Z1 FR there are a few and they have been made for quite a few years.
And:
my front shimano deore front brake. the pads are not even moving in the calpier. whats the problem
As the brake is part of a system we need to know what is happening at the lever. is it rock solid of does it move all the way to the bar. different solutions to each problem.
if you want the right answers give all the info you have.
My rear disk brake is rubbing against my caliper! how can i fix this?

Just does not give any info that may result in an answer that might have the correct info.

expect Sarcastic replies if the question can be answered by a manual or park tools.

Most questions already have the answers out there and many will have already been answered on here. There is a search function and an FAQ.

Finally If it it a buying advice question please use the buying advice forum.

:wink:
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
This discussion has been closed.