Richmond Park, Sunday 9th

Shavedlegs
Shavedlegs Posts: 310
Hi All,

So who is up for the unofficial Richmond Park 3 lap TT?

I will be opposite the Roehampton gate carpark from 7.30, ready for the first competitor. The flapjacks will be there too!

I hope it will be as much a social event as a competitive one, and a good chance for all of us to meet.

Alex

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Curses - I am on holiday then. A nice idea - hope that it goes well.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Exactly what Gussio said. :(

Gonna miss that flapjack! Good luck for sunday.

In reply to a different thread of yours: I've also found Kingston Wheelers to be friendly and have recently joined after going on a few club runs. Cat 4 racing for me this year...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Depends if I stay up and watch the boxing on Saturday night, but may well be down there bright and early to give my new wheels / pedals a run out.
  • RichardFcp
    RichardFcp Posts: 155
    Last Sunday the police were out with their radar guns on the drag between Roehampton Gate and Richmond Gate pulling cyclists over so beware!
    Shavedlegs wrote:
    Hi All,

So who is up for the unofficial Richmond Park 3 lap TT?

I will be opposite the Roehampton gate carpark from 7.30, ready for the first competitor. The flapjacks will be there too!

I hope it will be as much a social event as a competitive one, and a good chance for all of us to meet.

Alex
    Damn I'm working! Make sure you post and let us know how it goes Al. Try and get some ladies to take up the challenge if you can. Will you be bringing a clipboard to write all the times down :D
  • Shavedlegs
    Hi Toks, I will have a clip board.

Sounds like it needs to be quite low key if the Police are about. I'll contact the Royal Parks about an official event if it proves popular. At least everyone will still get a flapjack - may be worth offering some to the officers?

Alex
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    It was quite a nice morning in the park today. My legs were empty after a 50 mile trip the day before so there was no record breaking times for me. However the wind was much nicer than yesterday which made it far more enjoyable.

It was good to meet you Alex and thanks for the yummy post ride flapjack. All the best for the new venture.
  • Hi Alex
    This is the first time I've spotted this, I regularly do a few revs of the Park on a Sunday and am using my first lap full out as a measure of how well my training is doing. This seems much more fun than just going round on my own just to put the miles in. How often do you do it ? and is it always a 7.30 am start as I have a 35 minute ride in. On the other hand the park would be beautiful that time of the morning, there would be less cars and I would have a the rest of the Sunday to catch up on sleep. Expect to see me on the next one.
    Chris
  • Hi Alex
    This is the first time I've spotted this, I regularly do a few revs of the Park on a Sunday and am using my first lap full out as a measure of how well my training is doing. This seems much more fun than just going round on my own just to put the miles in. How often do you do it ? and is it always a 7.30 am start as I have a 35 minute ride in. On the other hand the park would be beautiful that time of the morning, there would be less cars and I would have a the rest of the Sunday to catch up on sleep. Expect to see me on the next one.
    Chris
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hi Alex

Good to meet you today, and Patrick too. Thanks for organising this - it was good to get out and have a blast on the weekend for the first time in ages. My legs now hurt. :)

Hopefully see you down there again soon.

Have added your website to my Favourites! Good luck with it all.

Chris
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Shavedlegs
    Hi Guys,

CJ You won!

Patrick, I suspect you will blame the traffic.

Martin, You didn't come last and actually a good time for the first attempt this year.

Guinea, May be two days in a row is too much! I expect to see you breaking the 1.10 soon. 'Shatter' I believe was the word you used.

The split times are on the site, http://shavedlegs.co.uk/TTresults/TTresults.php and I'll write a report and add stuff to the blog later. But now I need to get the shopping cart working!

I had a great time, and with the help of the flapjacks met a lot of nice people. I'm not the best at cold introductions, but yesterday taught me people are really friendly and willing to chat. I was proud to be a cyclist.

I'll do another TT in a month as I have a few races at the weekends coming up.

Alex
  • of course I blame the effing traffic :wink: well done for organising Alex and congrats to CJ
    Patrick
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I won? :shock: Right, that's it for me; I'm retiring. I've always said that I'd like to retire while I'm at the top.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • kmahony
    kmahony Posts: 380
    Didn't finish drinking till 2:30, so no chance of making Sunday.

Your website looks good.