Waiting for the delivery of my new bike...

2Fast4Love
2Fast4Love Posts: 123
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
Ordered a Cannondale from my local bike shop (is that what "LBS" stands for??) back in January. They went on their system to see when it could be delivered from Cannondale - 13th March. I said "it takes what it takes..." and then they mentioned they allowed 2 weeks on top of that to put it together (wtf'?!).

Anyway, its now early March, and I am raging to get hold of my new bike. I've gone as far as checking online stores and they have the damn thing in stock!

Does anyone know if the cannondale ordering system will allow my bike shop to see if its still on track for delivery next week?

Also, can I expect to get any free stuff / discount when I buy the bike & a few other bits (pedals, lid, maybe a jersey, bottles, cages, etc)? The bikes costing me £830, surely it's worth a few extra bits & pieces?
Rides a Cannondale Synapse 105.

Comments

• LBS can certainly check stock/order situation with Cannondale (or distributor).

Did you negotiate a price and make a firm order? That's when you ask about discounts, treats etc.

If it was a bit more informal at the time - tell me when you will have one and I'll have a look - then you are in a better position.
  • 2Fast4Love
    They're ordering it in specifically for me. However, the exact price was never confirmed, they checked in their book thing and said (after the obligatory "oh wow, thats a lot of bike for that money, wow!") that it would be "around the £830 mark".

They are a decent bunch in there, but I'll feel like a right cheeky mofo asking for discount!
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    2Fast4Love wrote:
    They are a decent bunch in there, but I'll feel like a right cheeky mofo asking for discount!
    If you don't ask, you don't get...
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    This is why I buy my bikes online. Usually show up within a couple of days.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Cannondale are usually good at delivering on time, but as someone said, a quick call to the distributor would confirm that. But, 2 weeks to assemble? Mine was delivered to the LBS on Thursday and I picked it up on Saturday. It's not as if they are assembling the whole thing from individual components!
  • 2Fast4Love
    I think they were just covering their arse with that really.

Anyway I called in today, turns out it actually arrived on Monday (3rd - so 10 days early), but had been "damaged in transit". A new one has been dispatched, and will be here next Monday (10th - so still earlier than scheduled).

In a way, thats good news. But at the same time, frustrating as I could have been off riding on it already had it not taken damage on the way here!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I'm sure the final price will be more than they specified. Not a good situation imo. Hope you get it ok.