Trail break sportive, Princes R'hg - Apr- anyone doing it?

ARob
ARob Posts: 143
have entered the above. paid the money but not heard anything. have e-mailed them to ask what the course is but not heard a peep and nothing on their website. anyone heard anything or have i been sold a pup to some outfit that now has my card details...?

:twisted:

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Relax..........Trailbreak are a good outfit.

Did it last year - great route and well organised. Have also entered for 2008 - you should have got a confirmation e-mail but I think the route details will only be released a few weeks before the event.
  • ARob
    ok cheers for that. will chill for a bit. any idea what time they tend to start? i need to sort somewhere to stay if if its early.
  • Bronzie
    Think last year you could start the long ride any time between 8:30-9:30am - went off in fairly small groups so it stayed fairly fragmented the whole ride.
  • ARob
    has anyone heard anything recently about this?

i've still not heard a peep from trail break. have e-mailed 3 times, checked site regularly etc but still all it says is that info will be 'available soon'. nothing to confirm details, route, etc

in despiration for news, i even posted a review to their website saying why the poor service and no replies to e-mails but even that hasn't worked to get a response, have they gone bust or something?

i'm assuming so and dont really want to go to the cost of travel and accomodation and find nothing there.

(incidently, if you post a review with a poor rating on their site ito their site it wont appear, you can only post to this if you say its good which seems rather questionable IMO!)

:twisted:
  • Bronzie
    Just spoke to Martin at Trailbreak - 0118-976-2491 (modern technology, who needs it :? ) - he is hoping to launch a new website for the Sunday Sportives that should go live next week which will have full route information, profiles etc.

Anyone pre-entered will get the details emailed to them in the next few weeks.

PS Their main activity during the winter is the Navigator MTB orienteering events - the last of these was 17th March (results on their web) - maybe they have been pre-occupied with these. True the Sunday Sportives part of the site says route info will be available in January, so they are certainly behind schedule.
  • I'm planning on this one, it'll be my first sportive (though ive done a few 60 - 90 mile rides through the chilterns) Be interesting to cycle with a bunch of others :-)

jon
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Where is Princes R'hg ?
  • Princes Risborough - buckinghamshire i think, up the A40 from London, in the chilterns.,,

jon
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    It was a nice route last year - I did the 90km after riding the MTB event on the Saturday and seeing it would be a nice area to set up a road ride as well.
  • Bronzie
    Finally.................the new site is available in beta version - full site to be launched asap, but the Princes Risborough sportif route info is now here:

Roll on next Sunday! :D
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    I,m booked on it.I have looked at the route on the web site but can't identify which direction it takes from Princes Risborough. Can anyone help ? Thanks
    fitness is for life
  • ARob
    Bronzie wrote:
    Finally.................the new site is available in beta version - full site to be launched asap, but the Princes Risborough sportif route info is now here:

see you there, i'll be the guy at the back gasping for air!
  • Bronzie
    Last year went anti-clockwise I think (ie Chinnor first, Speen/Prestwood last).
  • RichardFcp
    RichardFcp Posts: 155
    ARob wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

see you there, i'll be the guy at the back gasping for air!

I disagree. That'll be me :?
    I am doing this tomorrow - just hoping that the rain holds off until later in the day!