Cornwall ride 9th March!

allthegearnoidea
allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
edited March 2008 in MTB rides
This coming Sundays ride will be taking place from Illogan (TR16 4ER ) - yes i know, deep breath! aiming to leave around 10am from Homecroft Surgery Car park, which is big enough and safe enough for you all to park in, and any concerned about any valubles you are more than welcome to leave thenm in my house (opposite the surgery) whilst were out,

The ride will leave from illogan and head out of the village to North Country, Then up through the Village and Onto Radnor, through Radnor and down to Rodda's creamery and onto the the Mineral tramway from Scorrier down to Portreath, then from Portreath back up through Illogan woods and Back to the carpark, Ride length is just over 10 miles and should see us comfortably at an hour and half including the stops for me to catch up! it is pretty mush all grade 1 except for maybe the route through the woods where it can be a little wet/muddyish (a couple of routes around the top of the woods available for the ones that like a bit of mud and a challenge!) 6 miles of it on trail path, a mile up through the woods and the rest a mixture of roads and lanes,

there is a Pub at the end of the road (5 mins walk tops) or i will more than happily fire up the kettle for a cuppa afterwards!

below is a google map of the route going in a clockwise direction from the postcode!
googlehome-scorrier-portreath-homel.jpg

multi map and google maps are pretty accurate for the area but the easiest way to get here if using the A30 is to come of at Avers round about (2 exit from Chivy or one after The Camborne exit if coming from the West!) and follow the signs for Porthtowan and Portreath, follow the road into NorthCountry, on passing the garae you'll come to a cross roads, Pinkish house on the left of the junction (signpost portreath and illoganm i think!), Turn left and follow the road through the village down to the Portreath road, Straight over at the junction, then up the hill past the pub down the hill past the holiday park and up into the village, road narrows a little at the top of the hill with the cars parked on the right, follow over the brow of the hill, as you start to go down the surgery is on the right and the Carpark entrance is at the end of the grassy bit before the bus stop!
i will try and keep an eye out as i am in the Yellow Bungalow opposite and will try and make some form of Bike related think to put up out the front! (mainly for amusement of the Neighbours!!)

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, and sorry its not a very challenging ride! i will check if the bakery will be open though!!!
if any one needs directions from a different way then drop me a pm and i'll sort them out for you!

Timmo.
Timmo.
After all, I am Cornish!
http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481

Comments