Chris Boardman 'TEAM' rear derailleur hangar

addisor
addisor Posts: 3
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Bike Hut and halfords no use at all. Where can I get the correct rear hangar from? UK please

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Sorry Halfords.

try another one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    were ever you bought the bike from
  • iga
    iga Posts: 155
    As Bike Hut are the only place that sells Boardman bikes, and the Boardman site tells you to go to Bike Hut if you have any problems, I'd go to your nearest Bike Hut and kick up a fuss.

I can't imagine the hanger is unique to Boardman but its not your job to hunt around for a match. I notice that there is a two year guarantee on frames, 12 months on components, don't know if the hanger counts as part of the frame or a separate component...
    FCN 7
    Aravis Audax, Moulton TSR
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    go to your halfords or bikehut, we have a sheet which tells us what number it is so just ask them. Hanger wont count under warranty im afraid unless there is one kicking about and theyre nice :P
  • kpr1969
    kpr1969 Posts: 112
    Just got a used boardman team myself, whats your problem with the rear hanger?
    Took mine out for a 1st spin the other day an the gears were mashing in pretty much every gear. Not pleasant sound I can tell ya.
  • addisor
    addisor Posts: 3
    Nothing wrong with hangar at mo and bike fine, thought i'd get a hangar as recently managed to bend it.

Still on the look out for a rear mech hangar, Bikehut and Halfords no use at all. Been in three times and every time I'm told they will order one by phone from head office!!! absolutely useless!!!!

Tried emailing CBoardman bikes direct and they don't take customer emails.

You have been warned if you buy from Halfords!!!!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well again the ONLY place wil be Halfords as they are the ONLY place that sells them.

like i said try a different halfords.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    addisor wrote:
    Nothing wrong with hangar at mo and bike fine, thought i'd get a hangar as recently managed to bend it.

Still on the look out for a rear mech hangar, Bikehut and Halfords no use at all. Been in three times and every time I'm told they will order one by phone from head office!!! absolutely useless!!!!

Tried emailing CBoardman bikes direct and they don't take customer emails.

You have been warned if you buy from Halfords!!!!

Dude halfords aren't a specific bike shop, they wont keep every single spare for every single bike they sell. if you have been in three times why didnt you order it the first time so then the second time it will be there?

PS find out what type it is, i think it might be an H but not sure.
  • Try soshanger.com. Had same problem with my Boardman Comp mtb, Halfords useless, no stock in country. Wiggle had the hanger I needed, but couldn't supply to UK address due to licensing regs. So unless you have a mate abroad Wiggle could ship to, try SOS. Send them a picture, my hanger was D353 in the Pilo part list. Their shop is, unfortunately, in St.Mitre le Remparts near Marseille in France, so 5 euros for postage. Took about 3 days for delivery. Seems ridiculous that a part like this , which is designed to fail or bend as part of its function, is not in stock in UK, especially when Boardman bikes are so popular. Vive La france. Well done to Chain Reaction, also, who put me onto SOS.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Take the hanger to a friendly LBS. it may be a generic one thy can match. I remember the bike shop at kirroughtree managing to find one for my boardman a few years ago.

But keep trying halfords so you have a spare.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The only Boardman I looked at had the same Merida hanger as the Carrera's, £7.99 and usually on the hook in Halfords, but check it out first!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Wow this is an old thread revival! I wonder if after 5 years he is still looking for the hanger?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    doh!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Darn first poster!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.