suggest a hybrid for the ol boy

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
My dads looking at buying a hybrid, mainly for road use, wont be used every day so not really needing anything fancy, looking to spend a max of £500. Any suggestions.
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• Ridgeback have a good range, which have a more upright style, good for thos of us with older bones...
  • Mrs Attrick has a Ridgeback Velocity which she loves. Looks the part too.
    http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/index.php?bi ... _bike=TRUE
    Perpetuating the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    My wife has a Marin San Anselmo on which she's ridden 20,000 miles in the 4 years she's had it. She loves it (obviously) and I don't think she'd mind if I told you she's still under 70 but not by many years :)

IIRC it was about £700 including a few extras we bought at the same time (mudguards, pannier rack etc) but I can't be sure.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • richardast
    richardast Posts: 273
    Just bought my old man a Focus Raven Rookie MTB for his 76th birthday.

I don't know your father's age, but mine felt that a bit of comfort on the old hands and arms was more important than speed at his age and for the mileage it will be doing.

Anyway, it's a cracking little bike and incredible value for money. I would definitely recommend the brand based on that experience.
  • well my dads not really old he's 55 in april and has had surgery on his lower back a few years ago so something thats quite up right i imagine would be better suited.
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!