Fun with commuting

mediamonkey
mediamonkey Posts: 128
edited March 2008 in Commuting chat
Riding from work to the station there's two sets of steps (three then four) that up to now, on my old rigid MTB, I've always rolled down slowly. Well, I'm on full-sus now...

Tonight there were two teenagers on BMXs milling around near the steps. I saw them checking out my geeky commuter gear -- hi-vis jacket, flashy lights, reflectors, the works -- and smirking at each other... until I gave it a bit of welly, flew past and hucked both sets of steps, landed sweet as a nut and went on my way. As I disappeared off I heard one of the kids quietly saying to his mate, "Sweet!" :D

I was grinning most of the way home after that... of course I could easily have made a total pillock of myself had it gone wrong :oops:

Comments

• Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    Immature and unnecessary...

GOOD JOB! :D
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    Top man!!! :twisted: :lol:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Phat moves dude, innit :lol:
  • *sobs*

And I can't even jump a kerb without breaking my sodding elbow! :lol:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I remember I jumped a rather long set of about 4 or 5 steps outside my local Sainsbury's once, much to the amazement of the young lad at the bottom. Looking back on it now it was an extremely stupid thing to do as I was going quite fast to clear the steps and landed right in front of the doors!

Had to stop afterwards to sort out my rear mech as the impact had caused it to go all wrong, guess that's what I get for trying to be smart on half a ton of Apollo full-sus crap :-)

Was still fun tho and reminded me of the times I spent with my mate riding around our town trying to practice wheelies, bunny hops and trackstands :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Not quite related, but a little girl once held the door to the train station open for me as I approached it on my bike. She looked amazed as I rolled in and gave her a smile.