Mudguard Screw

pb21
pb21 Posts: 2,170
edited February 2008 in Workshop
The screw that attaches my mudguard to the frame down near the chainstays has come off so the guard rattles.

Does anyone know what type of screw I need to replace it with?

The frame is the Ribble winter frame.
Mañana

Comments

• geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Probably 5mm metric (in fact almost certainly). Any bike shop should be able to supply. Or, if desperate B&Q sometimes stock packets but they're not very elegant.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • If you have some old break levers or gear shifters or any old bike bit with some screws in that you don't mind taking to bits you would be amazed at just how many components use 5mm metric screws. I know this after my SKS mudguards came without screws to mount them to the forks/frame. I know I should have taken them back but needed them for the following day (a Sunday) So if you have a box of bits give it a try.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Most frames will have the same size thread for all the eyelets etc for mudguard mounts on the dropouts, c/stay bridge, bottle bosses, pannier bosses etc. Get a stainless one for down there unless you ride a bike with mudguards in the dry :roll:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.