kenjonessa Posts: 16
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
As a newbie, I have to ask ho do I cover myself in the event I have an accident on the road?


  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    British Cycling Silver or Gold membership or membership to the Cyclists Touring Club (CTC) both cover you for 3rd party liability insurance should you cause an accident and get sued by the injured party (fairly unlikely, but worth the £30-£40 cost per year IMO).

    Their membership schemes will also provide legal aid to pursue a claim in the (much more likely) event that you get injured as a result of actions of another road user.

    I think some home insurance policies also offer 3rd party cover but check the small print and call your insurer to confirm.

    BC Gold membership also provides Personal Accident Insurance (hospital, disability and death benefits) - may be unnecessary if you already have life insurance.