Help With A Decision

felixp
felixp Posts: 16
edited February 2008 in MTB general
I have a Hardrock Pro 2007, and mainly use this for on road riding, sometimes light off road use and very rarely downhill at Chicksands.

At the weekend I bought a GT Aggressor XC2 2007, as I got a very good deal on it.

The GT actually feels nicer to ride, lighter, more responsive etc, but I know the Spec is a good bike and the GT is Halfords made, they both have Rock Shox Judy TT and Dart, and they both have disc brakes and Alivio/Deore mechs.........

Which should I keep and which should I sell???

Comments

• felixp wrote:

The GT actually feels nicer to ride, lighter, more responsive etc,

Might have answered your own question matey!

Would be a bit odd as well to sell a bike you only bought last week.

I bougt a GT Agressor XC a few weeks ago... absolutely love it!
  • felixp
    Yeah this is true, but I only really bought it to sell on again, as I got it at a very good price, however now I'm tempted to keep it over the beloved Specialized, which I didn't think I'd want to do.........

Just wanted to check I wasn't making a grave mistake and it wasn't going to disintegrate as soon as it sees mud lol

The Hardrock does feel more robust, but I don't really need that for a commute to work!
  • turn it into a singlespeed fun bike?
    certainly what id do if my old hardtail was worth it.
  • felixp
    Yeah but needs must, and one of them really has to go, although to be honest I've just taken them both for a ride again, and I think it will be the GT that gets sold.

I just wantedt o check it wouldn't be massively better for on road riding as I know it is lighter......

My only other option obviously would be to sell them both and get something completely different like a Scott, but I don't really know what that would achieve.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    On paper the GT is far better - damped forks, a lot lighter and nicer kit. Think about swapping parts form one to the other.
  • felixp
    Actually you know what, thats what I've found, the suspension feels much better on the GT, and it does feel much lighter, and the brakes are far more responsive, even though both have disc brakes.........

The steering though on the GT is almost over responsive, if that makes sense, it just takes a tiny movement to swing it round...........

I think the Hardrock just feels more robust, and the gear change is also much slicker on the hardrock.........

Its a really difficult decision!!
  • felixp wrote:
    The steering though on the GT is almost over responsive, if that makes sense, it just takes a tiny movement to swing it round...........
    /quote]that's just habit. after a few months. you'll love the different feels of your bikes
    Train hard, ride easy
  • supersonic
    Steering could just be down to stem and bars - put them on the GT, see how you go?
  • felixp
    So the general consensus is the GT is the better bike??

I'm quite surprised as I thought it would be completely the other way, with people telling me the Hardrock was much better than the GT.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Put 'em both up for sale.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • felixp
    And get?
  • something like a rockhopper
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08
  • felixp
    Won't that be quite heavy again?
  • supersonic
    Hopper is a great bike for the money, as is the Carrera Fury.
  • felixp
    I quite like the look of the Scott Scale