Morning on the 27th, and I hurt!

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Morning all.

It should be a good day today, except I went swimming last night. As you walk out of the changing rooms, there is a nice sign stating the following:
    This pool is 33.5 metres long. A mile is 48 lengths.

So what did I go and do? Yes, having not swum since last summer, (and that was only playing in the sea,) I did 48 lengths. I had to climb out at about 39 because of cramp in my calf, and that has locked up completely overnight and I'm now limping around the house.

And I was going to go for a ride today :cry:

Also not helped that in this fit of healthiness, I weighed myself and I'm back over the 100kg mark! Could really do with losing a stone or two!

Generally not the best of starts to the day. Please tell me everyone else is unfit and overweight.... please?
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• HA! Sounds like you got a bit excited in the pool Jesse.

I am overweight and unfit for sure. Still feeling the effects on going out on the bike on Sunday FGS! My arse is doing the usual pain-inflicting thing it does after not riding for a few months, it'll get better though in time.
  • Ouch, haven't been swimming in years and you've not inspired confidence in me to give it a go! Think I'm currently unfit and underweight, just about pushing the 10 stone barrier!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I went swimming last night 30 minutes of it, only did it as I can't really do anything else at the moment, due to swelling and bruising on leg, and sides after coming off the bike at the weekend.

Will do another 40 to 50 lengths tonight as well.
  • I did 40km on the bike at the gym last night. All my weights then 20 lengths in the pool.

And I'm not aching at all... :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • beccalily wrote:
    I did 40km on the bike at the gym last night. All my weights then 20 lengths in the pool.

And I'm not aching at all... :lol:

I asked for people to admit to being unfit and overwieght. You're not helping madam!

Anyway, feel better now, I've jst made a couple of rounds of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, which has cheered me up no end! :D
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • I'm still over weight.... By 3 stone apparently!

I think I must have heavy bones or something... cause I'd be a size like 6 if I lost 3 stone. :lol:
    MySpace
  • Please tell me everyone else is unfit and overweight.... please?

Yep.
    Could do with dropping a stone..
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    afternoon all, last lesson of the day and i rode to school so im off out for a short ride after, you should try doing 4 hours of hockey training in one night, got a big match on monday to decide the tournament
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i think you are in good company, i weigh about 19 stone but lead a pretty active life so am not too unfit.

i could deffo stand to lose a bit though.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I get out of breath climbing the bloody stairs! Love swimming though, some fit birds ;-)
  • supersonic wrote:
    I get out of breath climbing the bloody stairs!

How do you manage to ride a bike? :lol:
    MySpace
  • cunning-stunt
    cunning-stunt Posts: 614
    edited February 2008
    Push uphill,freewheel down :wink:

Thanks to the smokes,I'm in shit shape too atm...although when on the bike I'm too stubborn to give up on climbs.
    The fact that I collapse at the top doesn't really matter :lol:

• Oh and to make you feel better I only did 15k tonight and a class at the gym...

:oops:
    MySpace
  • I did 27k at the gym at lunctime today in 35 mins on flat ground setting - hit it for six (Im posh and have company gym in my office block :D ) - not bad since I haven't been for two months and haven't exactly been cycling much either :D
  • but must give up the smokes :cry:
  • supersonic
    I used to be fit, but Mr Epstein Barr had a hand ;-). Freewheelin' is good, oh yes. I need to go swimming.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I used to be fit, but Mr Epstein Barr had a hand

Er,is that herpes?

• supersonic
    Yeah. Erm, dont ever borrow my bike, that saddle is ALIVE!

Glandular fever. ;-)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I've lost a stone since Christmas, still need to lose another stone though just to get inside my BMI. Just bought some scales that estimate body fat as well (they measure your resistance, apparently fat has a higher electrical resistance than muscle). Bit shocked to find out I'm 24% fat despite losing that weight, apparently should be between 8 & 20% fat for my age and gender.

It's not surprising so many people are well overweight, I think most people don't have a clue what the medics consider to be a healthy weight / fat percentage, I know it's shocked me and I thought I already knew.

Thing is I'm not particularly fat to look at (especially with clothes on, your really don't want to looking at me without clothes :oops: ) so people are quite surprised when if I tell them I'm technically overweight.

Also realised just how high energy our average diet is, if you eat pretty much any processed food or diary products you're probably consuming more calories than your burning off. Takeaways are the worst, an average Indian or Chinese contains more than a days calorie intake in one meal (did have an Indian last night though, 3rd 12 hour day at work on the trot and couldn't face diet food, even then me and the missus shared a mid week special for one and couldn't finish it :shock: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • You'll have to forgive me SS,and I blame Wiki..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epstein-Barr_virus

:lol::lol: