ACE or Damsgaard

2»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, but in trying to buy the "clean" image, you need a solid company behind it. Not something with shady boardrooms, high staff turnover and other oddities. I'd be worried about lending ACE a tenner...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Yes, but in trying to buy the "clean" image, you need a solid company behind it. Not something with shady boardrooms, high staff turnover and other oddities. I'd be worried about lending ACE a tenner...

The fans as so desperate to believe in something, I think ACE are hedging their bets thinking no one is going to do too much digging if you "appear" to be one of the good guys.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pstrauss
    pstrauss Posts: 2
    I felt that I should clarify and confirm the departure of Paul Scott from ACE/ASE.

He is no longer part of the company and has started Scott Analytics with Rock Racing as his first client. He will also continue with Maurice Suh, participating with the defense of Floyd Landis.

We at ACE/ASE fell strongly that we will not take any position on any doping litagation cases in our to maintain independence. We are waiting to formally announce a management change at ACE/ASE and will release a press release at that time.

Paul Strauss MD, CEO
    Agency for Cycling Ethics
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Crrr-Rikey - is he for real?

I never would've thought our idle chat would get such attention!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Right - who shopped us!
    :D

By the way Paul Strauss, if you are still out there, can you say if Paul Scott is remaining on the board of CEF?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    pstrauss wrote:

We at ACE/ASE fell strongly that we will not take any position on any doping litagation cases in our to maintain independence. We are waiting to formally announce a management change at ACE/ASE and will release a press release at that time.

Hasn't Paul been working with Floyd for an absolute age though? Is this a change in policy?

Thanks for posting btw.
  • pstrauss
    pstrauss Posts: 2
    Paul Scott is also off CEF

As to timing of Paul's departure and why only now...I cannot make any comments..Sorry

Paul Strauss MD CEO
    Agency for Cycling Ethic
  • iainf72
    pstrauss wrote:
    Paul Scott is also off CEF

As to timing of Paul's departure and why only now...I cannot make any comments..Sorry

Paul Strauss MD CEO
    Agency for Cycling Ethic

Fair enough. This might sound a bit harsh, but this whole debacle hasn't done much to make you guys look like a credible organisation. I guess we'll know more when the press release comes out.
  • iainf72
    One of my threads quoted in Velonews!

I've arrived.

http://www.velonews.com/article/73331/a ... ver-landis
  • iainf72
    More today

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... id=3309378

"Part of our agreement with ACE was that they would beef up their scientific side,'' Stapleton said.

Is he saying they're not so good?