I owe my bike an appology

sdjones2
sdjones2 Posts: 15
edited February 2008 in Commuting chat
So, work abroad the week before Christmas, then the festive season (and new year :oops: ), another trip abroad, grim weather and I bottled out for a week. I FINALLY GOT BACK ON MY BIKE THIS MORNING!

Sorry bike. Dragged my lungs into work. Rode shockingly badly, no rhythm or energy, just a slog. All fitness built up in the depth of winter lost siiting on my fat arse in work during the last four weeks!

However, the weather was okay. White vans drove around me and not through me. Didn't hit any busses :lol: Every cyclist - roadie, commuter, MTBr gave a nod or waved. The A470 was a happy place to be, and I was part of it again! It actually felt okay after a while, and though not quick I was grinning like a loon once I got to work.

Blimey though. Nothing like the feeling of sitting back on the saddle for the ride home when a little saddle sore is there. Out guns that damp swimming costume feeling :!:

So sorry bike. Sorry for being a lardy, unft, slow slogger this morning. Back tomorrow though :D

Comments

• niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    I owe my road bike an apology as well. After about a year of it sitting in a corner of the garage unused, with mountain bikes being used instead, I've commuted on it for the last couple of days.

I'd forgotten just how fast it was, even with a fat duffer like me on!