Mid Life Crisis? What Mid Life Crisis?

dave_hill
dave_hill Posts: 3,877
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I like bikes. I like riding bikes, lookign at bikes, tinkering with bikes and building bikes almost to the exclusion of everything else (except football oddly enough).

I ride natural trails and man made trails. I like to ride street too and maybe a bit of BMX now and then.

I have been known to go to the pub on a skateboard, although for legal and safety reasons I did have to carry it home (this is within the last year, mind you...)

I like wearing baggy jeans, skate shoes, a hoody and a baseball cap.

I listen to emo, retro goth, death metal and punk.

I like falling over, getting muddy, banging in to things and running about with no obvious reason for doing so.

I drive too fast and I like things that go BANG! or ROOOOOOAAAARRRR!

I hate my job (even though it pays fairly well) and I've hated every job I've ever had.

I live for the weekend and the summer.

So what? Weeeellll....all my peers think I'm crackers, but then they're all fat, unhealthy, married (or in long-term realtionships), have hundreds of horrible screaming kids, are weighed down with mortgages and therefore have the need to work 70 hours a week plus and in general spout shite.

The thing is, I'm nearly 37. Who's wrong, me or them? Should I grow up or should they just learn to let go now and again?

Analyse and discuss. Or maybe not, I don't care. I'm off to play in the mud...
Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
Help for Heroes
JayPic

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds normal to me. 40 going on twentyteens :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    So what? Weeeellll....all my peers think I'm crackers
    Not strictly speaking, some of us also have strange bike related lustings (you've read the posts, you know who they are).
    but then they're all fat, unhealthy
    5 Kg lighter than Christmas :D
    married (or in long-term realtionships)
    has it's benefits provided the other half doesn't mind losing you at evening / weekends int he garage / on the trails, mine's pretty good (or can't wait to see the back of me :?: :shock: ).
    have hundreds of horrible screaming kids,
    just the one (until May) and she's perfect, except when I have to clear up the poo, wee and sick :mrgreen:
    are weighed down with mortgages and therefore have the need to work 70 hours a week
    plus and in general spout shite.
    Not if you were lucky and moved before the housing bubble and you're happy to live on top of a mountain (which also happens to be an ideal MTB location, double bubble :D:D ).
    and in general spout shite.
    Can't really argue there :?

Still like my toys though, be they bike, tool, Lego or PC related.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result