Beer at lunchtime.

robbarker
robbarker Posts: 1,367
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
Is wonderful stuff.

Is this the first posting to the forum from the bar at Geneva airport by the way?

Comments

• Hah - I wish! I work in the software industry with rail/road related products and as, in theory, I could be called into a depot/workshop at any time (it's yet to happen!!!) we have a zero tolerance policy re alcohol! Still, it means I stay awake all afternoon - other sites with drinking cultures often led to less than perfect code being written between the hours of 2:00pm and 5:15pm!
  • claash
    claash Posts: 145
    I am obviously not travelling around Switzerland enough....... Haven't managed that one yet! :D
    Enjoy the beeeerr! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Ideal preparation for the port talbot wheelers 2 up TT on Sunday then Rob? :wink:
  • Ideal preparation for the port talbot wheelers 2 up TT on Sunday then Rob? :wink:

"To prepare for a race there is nothing better than a good pheasant, some champagne and a woman." - Jacques Anquetil, and he seemed to get a decent amount of success so there must've been something in his methods.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    beer at lunchtime makes me sleepy
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • robbarker wrote:
    Is wonderful stuff.

Is this the first posting to the forum from the bar at Geneva airport by the way?

I hope you're not a pilot
    <a>road</a>
  • Well Steve, I don't know about Rob but i'm out of the running. I haven't got a partner am out of shape, :oops: and missed the cust off anyway
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Well Steve, I don't know about Rob but i'm out of the running. I haven't got a partner am out of shape, :oops: and missed the cust off anyway

Well I havent ridden for nearly 3 weeks now, other than about 2 hours on the turbo gentle spinning. It's *just* a training ride so I keep telling myself.... :roll:
  • I've got the afternoon off tomorrow so it will be a rare opportunity for a lunch time pint. The problem will be that I'll probably fall asleep if I don't keep busy later on.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • I was also considering going for a cheeky pint or two tomorrow, but have since been invited for an ominous sonuding "little chat" in the afternoon with the director of studies and I think that turning up smelling of beer would be, er, what's the negative equivalent of "the icing on the cake"? :(
  • In answer to y own post; "the nail in the coffin"
    However there is also the expression, "In for a penny, in for a pound". Hmmm, decisions... To beer or not to beer?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    ...However there is also the expression, "In for a penny, in for a pound"...

That's the spirit! Aim for three pints in an hour to add a slight 'floaty' feeling to the afternoon... Be careful though, alcohol can be a bit moreish. :wink:
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Well, I'm in Val D'Isere now and managed to avoid lunchtime drinking today. God only knows why - I'm on holiday! I'll try harder tomorrow..