EDUARDO... get well soon thread

easyg
easyg Posts: 266
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
So whether you're a football fan or not, hate or love Arsenal you must have some feeling on the Eduardo injury, which was without a shadow of a doubt the worst injury we've seen in years and years.

I want to put it out there for him to get better and hopefully for it NOT to be the end of his career...

Get well soon. Peace.
"If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"

Comments

• jpembroke
    jpembroke Posts: 2,569
    That was a horrible break - double compound fracture apparently. His foot was a 90 degrees to his leg. He'll either be out for 9-12 months or his career is over. Hopefully the former. Quality player.
    I'm only concerned with looking concerned
  • stucon
    stucon Posts: 361
    i dont know what to say...

been a gooner for 20 years.....

it was the worst break iv ever seen.... poor, poor lad... its his 25 bday today i think.. what a sh1t way to spend it....

hope he will be ok and able to play again... his career has only just started and to get an injury like that is bad news.....

up the gooners and lets hope he will be ok.
  • jpembroke
    Is it a similar break to Alan Smith's? He managed to come back (not that he's done much since, but he seems OK and can play at that level). I read David Busst's article on the Guardian website today. His break was really f****** nasty - bone stuck out through the skin IIRC. I remember Schmeichel looking really distressed and waving his arms and recoiling away. He said that it wasn't the break that stopped his career but an MRSA infection. Poor b****r. Hope Eduardo's is a clean break and that the tendon's are in one piece.
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    edited February 2008
    sry for double posting, h8 that :?
  • z000m
    well done for creating this thread easyg, i too feel for Eduardo even though im not an arsenal fan, it would be such a shame if this was to end his career at such a young age. lets all hope he makes a full recovery.

my thoughts are with you Eduardo
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Looked sick, I'm not a gooner but you don't want to see anyone injured that badly playing football.

Hope he makes a full recovery, not holding my breath though to be honest.
  • Was quite bad - I was feeling a bit peeky from the night before and seeing that nearly sent me over the edge! Fabregas' reaction was amazing to watch, his face just dropped and he called the bench over, Eboue seemed to get as far away as possible at the other end of the field. Very bad, it changed the rest of the game I thought, the players were understandably affected.

Hope he gets well soon.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    i have no feelings for him, he plays for arsenal, what a bunch for girls the rest of them were though, start crying

rugby players get laid out and dislocated fingers and no-one crys about it they get on with it
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • I hate football... :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • i have no feelings for him, he plays for arsenal, what a bunch for girls the rest of them were though, start crying

rugby players get laid out and dislocated fingers and no-one crys about it they get on with it

a bit harsh that mate? A dislocated finger doesn't even register on the same scale as what hapenned to Eduardo. I kind of know what you mean though, I'm a big Rugby League fan and they get smashed to pieces in every game and get up and get on with it, not like most of the football players.

I do think though that Eduardo's was a very very bad one and perhaps deserves a bit more sympathy?
  • easyg
    With all due respect mate, having a dislocated finger is hardly the same as a double compound fracture with bone showing for all to see - this mornings news reported that if the physios hadn't got on the field and started seeing to him quickly he might have had to have his foot amputated!

There is always one pointless and distastful post isn't there. oh theres another with 'I hate football'; well don't bloody post then!
  • :lol::lol::lol:

I thought the banter would start with that earlier post!

Well at least it'll might get interesting from this point in.

next post please.
  • easyg
    Needs to, I'm struggling to concentrate today Jim :( , still got riding on my mind from yesterday :mrgreen: !
  • jpembroke
    I was wondering when the rugby 'tis but a scratch' mob would show up. Obviously, real men would continue to play with a snapped leg bone penetrating their flesh.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    His foot was nearly ripped clean off his leg. I admit, it was upsetting to watch, so get well soon fella
  • z000m
    only in the good old days
    jpembroke wrote:
    Obviously, real men would continue to play with a snapped leg bone penetrating their flesh.
  • batch78
    Yeah, he would have been blood binned for a bit, but I'm sure he'd have made it back out!!!!! :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Couple of dabs of the magic sponge, and away you go.
  • batch78
    Ah yes the magic sponge, wish I knew where they were sold, would definately be a permanant piece of kit in my camelbak!
  • James_F
    James_F Posts: 137
    i have no feelings for him, he plays for arsenal, what a bunch for girls the rest of them were though, start crying

Because a dislocated finger is obviously in the same category as his injury :shock:
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    im in the bad books now arent I??
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • easyg
    No mate, never, not in mtb world.

I'm sure you've got a soft centre deep down.

Good night all. Easy.
  • it was a horific injuury its the worst injurny ive ever seen
    even though im a chelsea fan im still gunna give support
    i hope he gets better and resumes doinga fantastic job for his team!